Monday, January 10, 2011

Blogging again for my world traveler!

So, now that I have a daughter too far away to talk to on the phone, I am blogging again. Katie is in France, and we are so excited for her to have this opportunity to go. After some nervous hours, her plane got re-routed so that she could get to Paris to meet the group, and so far all is well. I am immensely proud of her for taking off all alone and dealing with the change of flight, and for jumping into a new adventure this semester. Who knew Katie would be so adventurous? :) Go, Katie!

After we got back from taking Katie to the airport, we ate lunch, and Hannah and I went to Target to get what she needed for school. I felt bad that we hadn't had much time to talk, so after we shopped, we got some Starbucks with my Christmas gift card and chatted about the new semester ahead for her. She has good goals and has learned good lessons in the fall. I know she'll do great!

Saturday night I went to bed at 9pm and was ready to go to sleep at 9:45pm. I kept waking up all night and looking at the clock to see if Katie was "there" yet. Finally, at 3:45am our time I realized she should be and Jeff woke up then too and checked and her plane had landed! Then, by the time we woke up for church at 7am, she had posted a message on fb, so we knew she was there and had gotten her luggage, etc. Yay!!

We went to church, and I was in the nursery with Rosie, so that was nice to get to chat with her. Home for lunch, and Hannah packed up, and we took her back to Kent around 4pm. Back home by 5:30pm (The Honda turned to 100,000 miles on the way home, and Abby was driving as she had hoped!) and Abby went to youth group at the 620. Jeff and I ate dinner and talked with no TV, laptops, Droid, phones, etc. How lovely! Good to debrief and talk through the week, semester, year ahead.

I wasn't really looking forward to going back to school today, but I oddly enjoyed it and was happy to be there. I think the end of break is always hard, but I'm thankful that I have a good place to go and work and good people to be there with. We had homemade pizza too which made lunch extra good! April loves to feed us all!

We stopped for milk on the way home. Abby drove and went in and got the milk, so I just sat in the car which was also lovely!

She went to babysit, and I debated with myself about going for a walk, but I remembered that even on those really cold days that Katie and I walked, I was always glad I went. And so, I went and I am really glad that I did!

Finished my quiet time and now need to go and make something quick for dinner. It's 5:30pm, and everyone should be home any minute, so it'll probably be Tuna Alfredo--aren't you glad you're in France, Katie, eating delicious food? I hope you're learning how to cook all those wonderful things too, so you can teach me when you get home.

Well, like keeps changing, but by God's grace, it's all been good, and for that I am truly thankful!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

Thanks for the post! Sounds like everything's good--I'm glad you had a good first day back at school. =D