Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday

This will be short since it's 10pm, and I'm tired! But we had a nice evening with the Cute Kiddos of Kent. Except that Mason was tired or not feeling well or something and cried off and on most of the time. Not wailing, just very pathetic and sad... :( Poor leetle guy! Maddie didn't cry once though, and she used to be the saddest one. She just ran around and played and hammed it up for the camera. Jeff got some adorable pictures! Carter loved playing basketball with Jeff. At one point, Jeff was holding Mason, and Carter said, "Give him to HER..." meaning give Mason to me so Jeff could play. Cute. And Brooklynn was her ever-social cute little self--very good at sharing her toys with everyone.

After we dropped Hannah off for music practice, Jeff and I went to Gabe's, and I got Ehne Thau a birthday present since her birthday was on Saturday. An orange coat (for $7) and a little jacket--white with tie-dye orange on it (for $3) and some UNO cards. Love Gabe's--all that for $13. Her favorite color is orange now I guess and since I messed that up at Christmas, I thought I'd try to do better for her birthday. :)

I also got 3 pairs of earrings to make necklaces with. They're huge and dangly and way too big for earrings, but they'll make great necklackes. I hope, and I hope I can sell them eventually.

We dropped Abby off at the Hares, and they took her to youth group and kindly brought her home too. Sounds like all went well there too.

We watched Undercover Boss which I always like--to see the different jobs people do, and to see/hear people's stories about their lives, and then to see how the boss with money can be generous and reward people who work so hard and don't usually get any recognition. There are always tears and shock and amazement! I just thought how much more amazing it will be when we get to heaven, and God says, "I saw all those things you did for Me, and now you will get your reward!" Way better than money or paid vacations, etc. Nice to know and good to remember when we do things like babysit, that it's not just babysitting, but it's serving others and therefore serving God, who does indeed notice and care and keep track!

It was awesome to skype with Katie a little while today, although it felt too short, and I didn't want to leave when we needed to. Oh well, there will be other times. Glad she's doing well and praying for her to be put in the perfect level wherever that will be--enough to learn new things, but not so hard that she never gets to do anything but study. We want her to have time to have fun too!! One doesn't get to France every day, you know!

Tomorrow is work-on-school day! I have a lot to do and need to crank it out! But I have the time I think, so it should get done. Time to face reality once again. But I'm very thankful that I don't have to go and teach tomorrow! I guess it's not really reality yet after all. One more day of "vacation."

But now, I must go to bed--I simply must! Can't be sleeping in too late tomorrow. We went to the second service only today which seemed really weird, but it was nice to sleep in a little today too. I'm finally catching up! So, good night, dear reader!

No comments: