Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday night--A new week awaits...

Just got home from babysitting for Carter, Maddie, and Brooklynn. What cute, sweet kids! Mason didn't come this time because he was having a hard day. Jeff played Wii with Carter, and I ran around after the girls while they played. I did get to browse through one of Lindsay's magazines while they were playing. It was very relaxed! The one thing that I keep laughing about is that when Maddie was making a mess with some oatmeal on a tray (Lindsay had put it out for them to play with), I said, "Oh, let's put that away because it is too messy. Maddie is making a mess..." Carter said, very matter of factly, "That's OK--it's her JOB!" That makes me chuckle, but it's so true. She's one, and it's her job to make messes.

Had a great chat with Katie this afternoon on skype. So good to see her face and hear about her week. Sounds like she's doing great and having a good time. And we got to see her host family which makes them seem more real. But it also makes it seem even stranger that she just lives with these people that WE don't even know. Weird. But they have been a good family to her, and now we have faces for each of them. Thanks, Katie!

I got a call from April tonight that her mom is still in the hospital, so she won't be at school tomorrow. That always makes Mondays seem less cheerful. April and her cooking class make things seem warmer and homey. So pray for her mom--she has heart problems and they are doing tests/procedures to help her. But it's scary and stressful. And hard for April to have to be at the hospital so much and try to keep things going at home/school.

I still have some work to do for school, and it's 9:25pm. I did get a couple of things done before we left for Kent, but I definitely have to make lunch for Abby and I since we won't have any food at school. And I need to pack things up and make sure I'm ready to go. So, I guess I had better get moving.

I can't wait to hear about Hannah's weekend. I talked to her briefly before we left Kent to make sure there wasn't anything we needed to touch base on, but I haven't talked REALLY to her for a while! Miss you, girlie! Hope you're doing great!

Abby is gone at WinterJam and probably won't be home until late. Hope she's got her school stuff ready to go, but I don't see it....

OK, I really do need to get moving. Another week is soon to begin. Until later, dear reader!

No comments: