Thursday, January 20, 2011

A ThursDay in the Life

Today I went to Angie's house and visited with her, but Alycia couldn't come because she and Ellie had colds. Funny Zakk story. They got a kitchen play set for Christmas with LOTS of plastic food, spices--it's quite a deluxe kitchen with a microwave, pot hooks, a refrigerator, stove. But Zakk had a plastic cucumber in his mouth, and Angie reminded him not to really bite it. He said, "It's my PIPE!" She asked him what a pipe was, and he said, "It's got hot fire in it and smoke coming out of it." When she tried to convince him that pipes weren't a good thing, and asked where he saw one, he said, "Pongo's dad on Dalmatians has one, and they're cool!" Oh, Zakk! Smoking a pipe at four! :)

As I left there, Hannah had called, and I listened to her message, and called her back to help her with discussion questions when she said our whole family was on skype working on it with her. What a family that pulls together to help each other! Gotta love that, and the fact that her class discussion went well! Yay!

I came home and made lunch (grilled cheese, but the bread wasn't nearly as good as the multi-grain kind we had last), did laundry, went for a walk, had a quiet time, Abby went to babysit, I made "Katie Casserole" for dinner, worked on the syllabus for the language arts class, and we ate, cleaned up and here I am. Still need to prepare for the SAT class for Monday, but I think I might be too tired to think about that tonight. I'd rather read Debt-Free U anyway!

Loved Katie's blog post today too. Nice and long and full of good details. Jeff and I were talking about how we picture Herve and Isabelle--I'll bet we're way off--well, at least one of us is, because we picture them differently. If you can get a picture of them without it being awkward, we'd love to see them. Maybe at their country house this weekend? How fun will that be? Fun, I hope! How far away is it? When will you leave and come back? What will you do? Where is it? Another new adventure.

Well, that about sums up my day. Not much happened, and my brain has been occupied most of the time with what I listed, so I haven't had any great thoughts going on. :)

American Idol is starting again. You know, two nights a week full of auditions. Woo Hoo!

I'm not feeling great, so I think I'll be going to bed early tonight. My eyes are burny and my head hurts a little. Therefore, I think I'll stop looking at this computer screen now. So until later, dear reader!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

ZAKK! AHHHH! THAT'S SO FUNNY! AHHHHHHHHHH! They've simply got their hands full with him!