Sunday, January 23, 2011

Quick Sunday Update

Well, we just skyped with Katie today, so I feel like I don't have a ton to blog about because I told her everything, but I'll write a quick little something.

It was great to see Hannah today, and we appreciated her treating us to lunch at Subway. We'll definitely go back and mooch some more since she has so much money left on her meal plan--I can get sweet tea, and coffee, and all the junk food I wouldn't normally spend money on. Today we even got French fries and Sunchips to go with our subs. Thanks, Hannah! :)

I just finished working on the prep for the SAT class. Reading section so pretty easy I think. I'm going to have them start making vocabulary flash cards if we have enough time in class.

I also reviewed history for tomorrow--we are getting into the nitty gritty of the American Revolution, so there will be a lot of battles and people to keep track of. I made some flash cards to start going over in class if we have time at the end. It's easier to learn them as we go than to expect them to learn them all for the test. And since I don't think any of them will be disciplined enough to do it on their own....

Jeff just took Abby to youth group, so now I guess we'll find something to eat--not terribly hungry since we had Subway for lunch. I didn't cook dinner Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I did cook lunch on Saturday, but that doesn't seem to count. If it weren't so cold, fruit and yogurt would sound good.

We just watched a little weather report, and it's expected to be a low of 5 degrees with possible wind chills of -10 degrees. But then it's supposed to go up into the 20's after that this week!! Woo Hoo! Heat Wave! Well, maybe someday....

I just saw a commercial for Duck Tape, and it showed a girl making roses....Sound like anyone we know?

I loved, loved Katie's post! I feel like I can almost soak up the loveliness of it all, just by reading about it. Like reading a wonderful book. I know that traveling involves a lot of sacrifices of sleep, comfort (physical and just everything being new all the time at first), and some courage to tackle all of the new things and unknowns. But I'm really glad that all of those things are being rewarded by some really, truly amazing and will-remember-forever experiences of the best kind. I couldn't be happier for you, Katie Lou! Of course, we miss you, but we know your life is richer for being in France, and therefore ours are too, really, as we learn from you and share in your adventures. We're thankful for all of the ways to communicate so we don't get too sad about not getting to talk to you! Love you!

So, I guess I will now go and find something to eat and talk to my hubby. And then tomorrow a new week begins! I guess I'm ready for it--sort of! I never feel completely ready, but it always comes anyway. So, until later, dear reader!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

Make sure the kids know "ameliorate!" tee hee hee

thanks for the encouragement! love back! :)