Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK Day, 2011

OK, posting late again, so not too long, but some funny/weird things to report!

We had a good day working on school though I didn't get as much done as I had hoped of course. After a walk in the afternoon, Hannah and I went to Target to do a little shopping before dinner. I made ham, mac and cheese, glazed carrots, peaches, and crescent rolls. Then we took Hannah back to Kent.

We got home half-way through Chuck, and weird thing #1, the setting was the Loire Valley in France!! Amazing!! Sarah said that it was the most beautiful place she had ever been. Ahhh....A reminder of our Katie!

Then, we watched "Lie to Me" after that and at the end, he was reading one of his daughter's books, and as he opened it, he said, "It's in FRENCH!!" Katie reminder #2!

Then, just after that, Dick Goddard was talking about the freezing rain that is coming overnight, and he called it a "parfait" of precipitation. Hardly "perfect," but still, a Katie reminder #3!!

Sounds like she had a busy day, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about it. :)

It was really nice to have Hannah home today on a Monday. It made it feel like before she went to college when we were all working on stuff and taking a break to chat or laugh or play "Never have I ever" for a few minutes. Sad to take her back, but glad to have had the weekend together. We talked about steady plodding bringing prosperity--good to remember at the beginning of a semester when there seems to be much plodding to be done. But in a few short weeks, we'll realize it's all behind us, and I'm praying that we all work hard and run the race to win--read that in I Corinthians this weekend too. Good to remember when I feel tired and sluggish and not much like running a race.

Speaking of which, I should really go to bed now. I need to get up in the morning and work on the school stuff I didn't get done today. I want to be done with prep tomorrow for Wed. and next Monday. I just got through science for Wed. today, so I still have 3 classes for Monday to do tomorrow.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will have more time to blog! Until then, dear reader!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

Wow! That's a crazy lot of Katie references! so funny! Glad you had a good day off :)