Thursday, January 13, 2011

A "Normal" Day in Ohio

OK, so today felt like a normal day to me too. (From Katie's blog of her "normal" Thursday.) What made it normal was that it felt like other people were determining what I did when. The past few days have been so relaxed that I have been able to do pretty much whatever I wanted to do which is very un-normal. But first, I will go back to last night-ish.

One unusual event was that Greta came walking out of the school room alone when Abby and I were both out in the kitchen/living room. She doesn't usually venture back there unless someone else is back there, you know. So I went back, and there on the floor was a chewed up wrapper from a miniature candy bar that had been on the floor from Abby's purse. To Greta's credit, there were a couple of others still left on the floor that she didn't eat! It didn't seem to bother her at all, but really, she's never eaten candy like that before. And she knew she was a bad dog for doing it because she looked very guilty and slunk around when I scolded her. Needless to say, she did NOT get a pup-eroni for a treat later.

Angie called last night and asked if we could watch Zakk, Derek, and Emily this morning, so that leads to this morning. Hailey had to go to physical therapy since she is wearing her helmet now.

We did, and they were all very good. Emily is getting so big! Zakk is a little boy, and Derek is talking so cutely!

Then Mike came over to pick out some jewelry for Lisa since some of the stuff she had bought from me had broken at the hands of children....I told Abby that I love men shoppers. They just pick out what they want and plunk down the money and are happy campers! So that was encouraging to make $60 today just from being home!

Then we ate lunch--leftover RedHot chicken, brown rice, sweet potatoes from last night--and then I went for a walk. Cold and refreshing. There's just something about being out in the fresh air that is so refreshing to me. Then I tried to help Abby with Physics and realized that I know nothing about what she is doing, and therefore that is why Jeff is helping her right now as I type. Thank goodness for a husband who is a genius!! :) Her just knew how many meters are in a mile before looking it up. "It's so easy!" Glad he thinks it is!

Then I started to have a quiet time and Mom called which was good because I haven't talked to her for a while. She said she was cold. It was hard to be sympathetic here in cold Ohio. But I do understand that when it should be warmer, and it isn't, it seems colder. They seem to be doing well. They liked our thank you note with the picture of the dock. She said it looks just like looking out their window there in Florida.

Then Hannah had called while I was talking to Mom, so I called her back, and that was good too, since I haven't talked to her much this week. She's coming home this weekend! I wasn't sure if she would want to, or if she would rather stay there since she just got back to school. But she forgot a few things, and it's a long weekend with Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We'll have to do a little back and forth on Sunday since she is doing music Sunday night too. But we have IMPACT, so that won't be a problem.

I read Katie's blog which is always very interesting and entertaining, and then we had some leftovers for dinner too. Dad had the chicken leftovers, and Abby and I had the chicken and rice soup I made on Tuesday night. For some reason, even though I knew I couldn't make chicken soup for Katie when she was sick, I still wanted to make it anyway. So I made that Tuesday, and we had the rest tonight. Abby had a lovely grilled cheese with the amazing multi-grain bread, American and pepper jack cheese, and I had a salad and toast with that amazing bread. Thanks, Katie, telling us how good that bread is for toast! I'm hooked!

Oh, and today I was doing the laundry, and I was putting in the whites load of Abby's, and there were Katie's jammies and sweatshirt. Awwww....Katie's last laundry. It made me miss her of course! But I had to laugh when I put that same load into the dryer. Apparently, Katie's jeans were in there too, and I had forgotten to check the pockets. So there were little pieces of tissue all over and a piece of gum stuck on her sweatshirt. But it came right off and the tissues all came off in the dryer, so no big deal. It just made me laugh! Love you, Katie!

Well, that about sums up life here right now. I'll fill you in on any other developments as they happen! :)

No comments: