Monday, September 20, 2010

A Brief Update

So, I thought it was a long time between the last post and the one before, but whoa, now it's been a longer time. I do finally feel better though. It took almost two weeks, but I'm not coughing much anymore.

We had a good weekend taking the Karen girls to Kent to see Katie and Hannah. It was kind of an ordeal to get them and lunch and get there, but after that, it was very worth it. Sunday we had Kayla with us all day--she got to experience the boringness that is being a Yackley on Sunday afternoons. We just don't do very much!

IMPACT went pretty well acutally. We ate pizza and played the game with tape and cotton swabs and straws from LT a few years ago. Then we talked about plans for the fall and Andrew led a talk/discussion about where we get our identity. Good stuff.

Thought we were going to Kent after IMPACT, but turned out Kay still had to go to Kent so we sent the stuff for Katie and Hannah with her. Had to make a cereal run!!

Today everything went pretty well at BOW, except that I am a little concerned that my students aren't all handing in all of the assignments for every week. I don't know if it's because they don't know what to do, or they're just getting into the swing of school, or their parents aren't checking/helping them. Whatever, I think I need to send an email to tell their moms what the assignments are for next week and to encourage them to make sure their kids have everything. They are nice kids and so the teaching is fine when we're in class.

I was grading papers tonight just like a real teacher. While watching CHUCK!! Great first episode--so many funny moments. Such a good show.

Abby has driving tomorrow morning so that should be fun--and make for a busy day.

I need to go get some food tomorrow too. And work on science stuff. And go to Urban Vision. Guess I better go and plan what that food will be that I need to buy. So, off to work on that!

Maybe I'll have something exciting to blog about sometime soon. Good night, dear reader!

No comments: