Tuesday, March 01, 2011

March came in like a lamb--Yay, Sun!

If February went out like a lion, March came in like a lamb. All sunny and calm and pretty. And a leetle beet warmer--at least in the sun. I worked on science stuff this morning. Ah, my class. They did better on the closed book test than on the open book one. I guess that's good? I'm just not sure what to make of that. Hopefully this module will be a little easier--no math at least--and maybe more familiar with electric stuff? Like charges repel, opposite ones attract and all. We'll see...

That all took until lunch--grading and preparing for tomorrow's class--then I ate leftover meatloaf and took a walk after that. Very enjoyable though I was glad I listened to Abby who had checked the weather to see that it felt like 30 even though our thermometer said 50. Sun was warm, wind was cold. Well, not freezing, but definitely earmuffs weather.

Then it seemed like it was almost time to go to UV, but I did write some checks for Abby's classes and costumes, and away we went. UV went fine--so much easier to go to UV when it's sunny outside, not snowing or raining. I read with some sweet kids, ate dinner with EDD, and helped Ehne Thau with homework--she was very squirrely by that time. I read with her earlier and she was fine, but by 5pm...Then I took EDD and Eh Moo Ye home, went to the library to look for the BeCentsable book, but it was checked out. So, I got some other ones instead. Picked up Abby and EDP and took EDP home, then went through the drive-thru at McD's--shocker, I know--but Abby was in the second-to-last dinner group, and they didn't give them very large portions. I was in the last one and they gave us a LOT. So she needed a little somethin' to last her through two more hours of dance. Chicken nuggets--they smelled very good actually.

Now I'm home and blogging. Still have to do the grocery list for tomorrow. It's been a good day--glad to hear that Katie had a good day too. I need to check Hannah's blog--has she posted recently? I need to check! I hear there was some white rabbiting going on today--I got gotten by Jeff and Abby. Feels like Jeff gets to chat with K and H more often in little bits during the day on skype, etc. That's good though--Dad's way of keeping in touch. I go more for the long blogs, skyping, etc. That's the Mom way, I guess. :)

Today, I let Greta out without a leash because we haven't been putting her on the leash since it got frozen to the deck--even though now it's OK, of course. She's been staying close and not wandering. Well, today I let her out for the second time and I looked out to see where she was and couldn't see her. Sometimes that means she's under the deck. I called her, and there she was--out at the edge of the woods, sniffing around. She didn't seem too willing to come in, so I had to bribe her with the promise of a treat, and she came running. I gave her one for coming quickly, but she has officially lost her freedom from the leash. Silly dog!

Ehne Thau did say that she went to Texas this weekend. Left on Friday, came home on Monday. Drove 1 1/2 days each way. She said (when I asked her if she drove to Texas), "Yes. Well, I didn't drive!" Good thing too! She said they had to wait at a rest area and sleep when the snow or rain was too bad to keep going. She saw her dad and said he bought her a laptop. She was reading a book to me about trucks and telling me about the different ones she saw on their trip. "On one there was a cage and there were cows in it." "And in another there was a pig--but it was brown and had fur and long horns." Not sure what THAT was! Oh, Ehne Thau, you make me laugh! It was very tame without her here last weekend. That should be remedied this weekend when we have them over and she is here! Such a funny girl!

Well, I think it's time to work on the grocery list and menu before I'm too tired to think again. And there are brownies to eat too! Can't forget that! And Jeff has to leave to pick up Abby soon, and I haven't really talked to him since he got home after I had started blogging. He had dinner with Rob--Rob has been asking him to hang out with him, I guess. Guy time! They went to our neighbor's new restaurant--Ripper Owen's Tap House. You know, that nice (heavy metal rock singer) family next to the Kiles'? They have a restaurant up across from the Giant Eagle on Waterloo. Jeff said it was pretty good.

Well, it was a good March 1--there's hope for spring to come yet!

No comments: