Thursday, March 03, 2011

My Aching Back :(

This started out as a good day--sunny and somewhat productive with starting laundry, emptying the dishwasher, washing some dishes by hand. But then my back started to hurt. I didn't do anything major, but it just started to feel like it could give me problems, and then it get worse after a few hours. I was sitting at the table with the heating pad and took some Advil after lunch. I had to work on history and language arts prep so I could sit, but had to move to the couch to be more comfy. It wasn't really very comfy though. It's kind of discouraging because I can't figure out what causes it to hurt.

I did feel like it was sore after Monday and standing to teach for two hours straight, and then another hour in the afternoon. And yesterday it was kind of sore too after teaching, shopping, unloading everything. We have a lot of stuff to lift in and out of the car. So, maybe that was what started it? I don't know...

I talked to Hannah for a while today which was very nice. I'm so happy her roommate situation is almost completely finished being figured out. She has the room, and the roommate, so now the roommate just needs to get the room too! They will have so much fun and be able to make their room so cute, I'm sure.

By the miracle of Advil, I was able to make spicy chicken, rice, veggies, and salad for dinner. We needed something healthy after me not cooking for two nights. However, I decided not to go to Linda's for Bible study since we were eating a little late, and I need to be able to sit comfortably with my heating pad and rest. Cooking was the big event for the evening. Abby helped me with carrying laundry today thankfully, so we got that done too. So, for being "out of commission" I got a lot done--school prep, laundry, dinner. With Abby's help, of course. And God's too, of course!

I've enjoyed reading the What Should I Do with My Life? book. It's always fascinating to read about other people's lives. It also makes me realize that I'm not the only one who has thought, "THIS is what I want to do with my life!" "Oh, wait, no it's not." "THIS is what I want to do!" "Oh, no, wait, no." A few times over. It seems to be common to think you've found your thing and then try it for a while and decide not. So, in that way, it's kind of comforting. And some people have gone to great lengths to do the thing--law school, many sacrifices, lots of money...and then they've dropped out. One gal even went to med school and then found out she didn't like being around sick people! Not sure if there's really any answers to be found, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Jeff and Abby just finished going over the practice SAT she took last Saturday. She has great potential to do great! She'll take one more practice on Saturday and then the real thing on March 12. Go Abby!

Ok, girls, since I'm thinking about it and you all will probably be reading this at some point, and I'll forget if I talk to you, please be thinking about what the next step is in finding a job for the summer. Do you need more information? Do you need to talk to someone? Send an email? Do some research online about what options you have or places you might want to work? I will be glad to help in any way I can, but I need you gals to be thinking about what to do when and how. Hannah, maybe you could go and talk to Panera when you come home next weekend? Gear up for it, baby! :) Katie, any word from the dear Dr. G? Abby, any more details from Mr. Jeff? It's March now; time to be getting some plans together, Lord willing!

Tomorrow is cleaning, Lord willing too. And Abby has a "thang" from 6-10pm so Jeff and I were planning to have a date, Lord willing and my back cooperates. So, I'll let you know what the Lord wills! Today I read 2 Cor. 12--about Paul having a thorn in the flesh. So yesterday what I read about in my QT described what I was feeling in the morning. And then today when my back hurts, I read about a thorn in the flesh. I'm kind of afraid to see what's in my reading for tomorrow! No, maybe it will be great! The Word is always great! Because even if there is a thorn in the flesh, Jesus promises that His grace is sufficient for me, and that IS great! I'll take it!

So, we'll watch AI now--Abby just asked why Steven Tyler has bigger lips than JLo! :) He's probably had more plastic surgery I'm guessing! So, on that happy note, until tomorrow dear readers!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

Love you! Hope your back feels better! I need to email Dr. G again! and go to sleep :)