Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A kind-of normal day...weird

I feel much better today, but since it is 10pm, this will be a short post. I spent my free time this evening looking at becentsable stuff because I got my email info to sign on as an educator! I watched a couple of video demonstrations of the power points with one of the gals doing the presentation. I definitely have some things to learn, and I need to try some of the techniques they describe, but it's so much more in my "comfort zone" to learn/teach about coupons than, say, physics!! :)

But, along those lines, I got some very interesting and somewhat surprising news yesterday. Karen emailed me saying that April had called her to tell her that she wasn't going to be involved with BOW next year, and could we meet to talk about that. Oh. My. April is the heart of BOW for sure, but after talking to her today, I really admire her ability to hand over her "baby" to Karen so that she can take care of her family's needs. So, Karen and I are meeting tomorrow afternoon to talk about what that means. Karen will be in charge, and I just want to be helpful to her in whatever way I can. It should be interesting!

I got a walk in between the rain today. Actually, it rained this morning, then when we came out of BOW at 2pm, it was beautiful, but by the time we got home from GE/library, it was raining again, and even thundering a little. There was hail south of here--Holmes County had some big hail!

We watched American Idol tonight, and it was actually very good. It's a lot more jovial without Simon, and probably a lot more likely to gloss over problems with performances too, but there is some really good, unique, interesting talent.

OK, here's a quote from Linchpin for the day: Anxiety is practicing failure in advance. Anxiety is needless and imaginary. It's fear about fear, fear that means nothing....Anxiety is diffuse and focuses on possibilities in an unknown future, not a real and present threat....Anxiety doesn't protect you from danger, but from doing great things. It keeps you awake at night and foretells a future that's not going to happen.

He has some very interesting thoughts on how to deal with anxiety--to "sit with it" and not try to always reassure ourselves that everything is OK, but just to refuse to react to the anxiety and let it be there. Pretty soon, it burns itself out. It's related to the anxiety about trying something new that might fail, and how anxiety can prevent us from trying and producing something that is true art--something that produces change, that connects with others, that gives a gift to someone. This is a book I would really like us all to read and discuss. I don't agree with all of it, but it certainly has a lot of great ideas about working in a way that is satisfying and meaningful.

The buzz on the weather is the possibility of snow tonight. I'm hoping not, but it's March, so even if it does snow, it won't last too long. I really hope Hannah won't be freezing out there in the great outdoors! I wondered today if she was out in a downpour. I hope not! :)

Read Katie's blog and chatted with her a little bit. She may be getting her hair cut tomorrow--very exciting!! Praying it goes great! And glad she is done with most of her work for now!

Abby made her maiden voyage tonight to Bible study at GVUMC! All went well! Yahoo! But Erin was sad she didn't get to give Abby a ride home!

I called Ehne Thau to see if she could come over on Saturday, and I asked her if she was having a good week. She said, "Kind of. It's kind of, because my friend cussed me today." I asked if she was mad at ET, and she said, "I don't know--she just cussed me." I always feel bad for them when they have school trouble, but I guess it happens. :(

Well, I must go to bed. Laundry and working on school tomorrow, plus meeting Karen at Panera in the afternoon. Until later, dear readers!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

I like this post! A little bit of everything =D