Thursday, March 24, 2011

Some exciting events today!

The exciting news around here is that Katie got her hair cut really short, and we all love it because it is totally adorable!! I'm glad that I didn't stay awake at 4am worrying about it! See, anxiety is needless...I'm really proud of her for just doing it after thinking about it so much, and I'm really happy that she was rewarded for taking the plunge and taking a risk. My biggest fear was that she would have that horrible, regretful, disappointed feeling I have had when I went to get my hair done and had high expectations and then it didn't turn out as I envisioned. Maybe she just communicates better even in her third language than I do in my first!! :) And she found the right picture which always helps. So, bravo, Katie! Can't wait to see you and your new hair style in person! We got to see her via skype which was fun.

And just after that, I went to meet Karen about BOW stuff. That also was a good meeting. We laughed a lot--I like Karen. We decided we need a meeting with April and DeeDee (who handles the finances) because we don't really know much about the legal and financial workings of BOW. Karen knows more than I do--I just got in the loop this year really. I tried to make sure at the beginning of the meeting that she knew that I totally just want to help her, and I realize April handed it over to HER. I was just there to help since she asked. She said she hopes to work as a team. I feel like I am willing to do whatever is needed since Abby will be there for another year, and I did like teaching this year.

I hope that I have students next year though. One family is moving, Gabe won't be there, one girl will be in high school, and one family is iffy. That leaves 2 of my 6 students. So we may need to advertise too. I can only teach if I have students.

We are also planning to give a survey to the parents to see what they want for next year, and we plan to have a meeting with the parents before school starts to kind of spell out what's up with what we can do and what we need them to do. More communication about expectations and all is good.

If all goes well, I would be teaching the second half of American history, Lang. Arts with literature too, General Science, and a DR high school personal finance class. Assuming there is an interest. Karen has a pretty set amount of students who will be back, so her classes are easier to plan for, but we'll see...Last year at this time I had no idea I'd even be teaching, so much can change between now and then!!

I went for a walk after I got home, and I got the laundry done this morning. I also prepped AH and LA, and I started on SAT, but there were a LOT of problems to do, so I didn't get those done before lunch. Not sure when I will, because this weekend is busy.

I made quiche AGAIN for dinner--seems to be our Thursday night dinner. Then Abby went to see the Middle School musical--Annie--all by herself. She DROVE. To the high school. Katie and Meghan F. were running spots so they were there too. So Jeff and I went to the thrift store for about 45 mins. before it closed. I got a new (brand new) black kind of shiny material coat for winter (hopefully NEXT winter) for $7.50, two tops for $.75 and $1.00, and Jeff bought brand new shorts for $6.00. Not bad for 45 minutes of power shopping.

Then we went to Marc's for some grocery stuff--feeding a lot of people in the next couple of days. Plus we have a chili lunch after church on Sunday, so I have to take stuff for that too. The weekend of large gatherings. I was glad to get to Marc's since I didn't get to go on Tuesday when we were sick. The prices there are just so much better on some things!

Tomorrow I will need to clean and make two batches of rigatoni for the big party tomorrow night. 18 people! So excited to see the Rohrigs again. Lisa is just one of those people who encourages me and motivates me. I am so glad they are making time to spend with us. And really weirdness--there won't be any little bitty kids. Hannah and Abby, 3 Hares, Ian H., and 3 Rohrigs. All big kids now!

Hannah sounds like she had a good week, and I'm looking forward to having her home. It will be fun to hear all about her week. She'll come home to a houseful of people probably depending on timing. Saturday we're having the Karen girls over too, so that will be a busy day, but it will be fun too. She hasn't gotten to see them much this semester. I told them (EDD, EDP, ET, ET) about Little Sibs weekend, so we'll have to explain it more on Saturday.

Well, it is now after 10:30pm, and since I have so very much to do tomorrow, I suppose I should go to bed. I will sleep well knowing that Katie's hair is cut and cute, and Hannah is happy and almost home, and Abby is well, she must be something with a couple of "A's" huh? How about Abby is adorable and around safe and sound? Yeah, it's late! But it's all true! Until later, dear readers!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

Aww! I like this post too! =)

I'M SO EXCITED TO COME BACK TO THE LAND OF THE THRIFT STORE AND MARC'S!