Saturday, March 26, 2011

Busy, Busy Weekend!

It has indeed been a busy, busy weekend thus far. Friday I worked all day on cleaning the house and making it ready for a group of 18. I rearranged the dining room to make room for 9 adults. I was going to have the kids sit in there because they could be more squished, but I decided I really wanted the adults to be able to sit around the table all together to talk better. I figured it out after much trying of different things, and I made little place cards so that I could help people sit in the most comfortable place for them.

I also pulled (with Abby's help) the comfy chairs from the living room into the family room so that we could all sit on comfy chairs in there too instead of people having to sit on kitchen chairs. It was kind of cool actually--I just put them in front of the TV with an end table from the basement (again, with Abby's help--my "muscle woman") and the floor lamp from the living room behind the one chair. I liked it, and everyone had a nice place to sit.

And, how weird is this, all 4 of the families arrived EXACTLY at 6pm! Like they had all been waiting at the top of the street and then pulled in at 6pm on the dot! Very cool! However, Dave wasn't with Patty, so I took away a place setting. We chatted--well, THEY all chatted, and I got the food all ready to serve. We had the kids start and then it was time for the adults to start eating, but Patty said she wasn't staying to eat either. So I took away another place setting. Don't know why exactly. But we eventually all got our food, and everything was good--rigatoni, salad, bread, pineapple and grapes, brownies in the cupcake cups with little Reese's cups in them.

It was a little loud at times, but eventually all the kids went to the basement, and the adults gathered in the living room and continued chatting. I think everyone had a good time, and it was great to get to catch up with the Rohrigs. I love those guys!

We went to bed soon after everyone left and we got things cleaned up. Then this morning, Jeff took Hannah for her HepA vaccine--she's done now with that. We got to hear about her trip this week, saw some pictures, and then I made some soup and rice for the Karen girls. We went to pick them up--EDD, EDP, Ehler, BeBin, Ehne Thau, and they decided to ask PawLah to come too. It's sweet how they think of others to invite as long as there are empty seats. :)

We came home, and Abby had put the French fries in the oven, so we ate soon after that. They wanted to play outside--four square--so they did that too. It was cold (30s) but they still wanted to be outside because it was sunny and dry. Would have been lovely if it had been warmer. After lunch, I helped Ehler with some of her preschool teacher homework. Then we watched "Sky High" and the girls drew pictures too.

After the movie, Hannah showed Ehler how to do Sudoku, and I helped EhDahDoe find pictures for a project for school--just 10 pictures of things she likes--puppies, lilies, dresses, and shoes. :)

We were going to take them home after that, but they were playing spoons, Uno, and Wii, and didn't want to leave. I am always happy when they don't want to leave because I know they are happy to be here. I asked Hannah what she wanted for dinner, and she suggested Tortilla Pie, so I put that together super-fast and then we took them home. We stopped at PetsMart after we dropped everyone off and got dog food for Greta--of course for Greta--who else? :)

We ate dinner when we got home, and I made a fruit salad to take to church tomorrow for the chili lunch we're having. I was bushed after I got done with all of that! And now we're watching a very funny episode of Monk--this girl is obsessed with Monk--very funny.

"You're only human," Natalie says to Monk. "No need for name calling," says Monk. :)

OK, I guess that about wraps up the update for now. Until later, dear readers!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

BAHA!

That sounds like an amazing weekend! Like actually one of those times you'll all be reminiscing about something (ie that one time the Rohrigs came up) and I'll be like, where was I when that happened? haha! You're quite the hostess! I'm looking forward to seeing the Karen girls! They probably won't like my hair short, but maybe it'll chop up their notions of what qualifies as good hair. =)P