Monday, February 28, 2011

Goodbye Snowy February. Can't say I'm sad to see you go.

Ah, dear Greta, it's good I love you so. It thunderstormed most of the night last night, so you know what that means. I'm EXHAUSTED today! I did OK for most of the day, but around dinnertime it hit me. Like I had been up with a baby off and on all night. One who tried to climb onto my pillow, sit on my neck, crawl over me, and sit on me all night long! :) She was so afraid and for some reason, she feels safest up near my head/pillow/neck/suffocatingly close. And she got to sleep all day to catch up! Although Jeff did threaten to call every half hour and say into the answering machine, "Hey, Greta! You wanna TREAT?" Just to get even with her, ya know.

We thought maybe we had missed a memo at school because we were the only ones there at 8:40am, but we set up our tables, etc. and Abby checked my email. April had sent a message that their basement had flooded, and something with their septic system too. Yucko! So she didn't make it today, but the kids did.

We had a pretty good day. I was disappointed by the papers that were handed in for history though. Apparently not a lot of effort from half the class. So, I sent a couple of parent emails during my break after lunch and after talking to Karen to get her input. Sadly, one mom asked if there was a syllabus for the classes. Um, yeah, it's almost halfway through the second semester, and she doesn't know if there's a syllabus. Hmmm...now I'm seeing the problem. At least I could say, Yes, and I follow it very closely. Maybe that will help.

We went to the banks after school to get our paycheck money to fill our envelopes and to switch money to Katie's account so she'll have money in France.

I got to skype type with Katie for a while this afternoon and to see her pictures she's thinking about for her hair. Very cute! Very different from what she has, but very cute!

I made meatloaf for dinner with garlic noodles, sweet potatoes (for me), peas, corn muffins, and salad. It was great to be filled up with real and nutritious and tasty food. And I made brownies for our treat during Chuck--they had walnuts and choc. chips in them too.

And now I am so very tired and having trouble thinking straight even though it's only 9:22pm. I always think of all these exciting things to blog about when I'm alert and awake, and then if I don't blog until evening, they all go away....Or I can remember them, but I'm just too tired to put the sentences together.

Lots of things are coming together for Abby today--she got her ACT score--great job! And her driving school stuff, and it sounds like Jeff may be taking the Honda to get the horn fixed so she can schedule her driving test soon. Another girl growing up right before my eyes!

Jadin at BOW lost her first tooth yesterday, so she was so excited to show everyone today! Her mom said, "She looks so different! She's getting so big." Indeed. Just you wait! She also reminds me of the little girl in the YouTube video who wants to get a job before she gets married, but Jadin just has a plan to marry Jacob (who's a senior in high school) and to go on a honeymoon to Hawaii. She doesn't seem too concerned about a job! By the time she's old enough to get married, Jacob will have saved a lot of money and she won't have to work! :)

OK, tomorrow is another day, and now I think this day must come to an end--at least the part of it when I'm awake. Tomorrow is March 1, and I don't think anyone will be sad to see February go this year! If it had been March 1 today, we could definitely have said that March came in like a lion--so weird to have a thunderstorm and tons of rain on top of all that snow. It did melt the snow very quickly. Mr. Jeff and Mrs. Melissa, the snowpeople, are all fallen over in a heap of snow, sticks, and earmuffs. Ah well, I never did like snowmen who hung around too long. And thankfully, our basement stayed dry. Jeff and Randy's drainage system they did last year has held up wonderfully. And now it's cold again...

So, until March 1 dear readers!

2 comments:

H. Yackley said...

I was wondering about the basement tonight... The franks' basement had some water damage -- they had all the fans blowing and the dehumidifier going when we got there for music practice-- but the carpet felt dry... until we had been standing in one spot for an hour... Kayla's socks were damp/wet and the bottoms of my pants were wet. Yup. Doesn't seem like too much damage though...

I love hearing about BOW (although it is sad that the school year is 3/4 of the way done and people are just figuring out about the syllabus...)

I saw Kaite's pictures because she showed them to Kara. They look AWESOME and I wish I could pull that off, but my hair is too thick. Not complaining -- I like my thick hair... but I can't do certain hairstyles.

Yay for thunderstorms!

Goodnight.

Melissa said...

Yeah, so glad our basement was dry. It rained so hard. Sorry to hear about the Franks, though. Glad it wasn't too bad.