Tuesday, March 22, 2011

An unexpected Tuesday at home

When I went to bed last night, I felt like I was getting sick. Chills, achy, scratchy throat, headache...When I woke up this morning, I felt a little better, but my head still hurt and I was kind of woozy--dizzy-like.

Abby felt better tummy-wise, but was still feeling woozy too.

So, by 11am, we decided we had better not go to UV. Partly because Abby couldn't teach her ballet class, and partly because I didn't feel good about driving up there feeling dizzy. So we called in and stayed home. I felt a little like I was playing hooky even though I felt legitimately sick, but I'm so used to just pushing through it and doing what needs to be done anyway, that it felt weird to say, "I'm staying home and resting." I did prepare for my science class tomorrow and then I rested in the afternoon before making dinner.

We had shepherd's pie--ground turkey with mixed veggies and cream of chicken soup with leftover mashed potatoes on top. It was quick and easy and comforting too.

I'm really liking my latest book that I've been reading: Linchpin. So encouraging to try new things and not be held back by fear or just trying to fit in. Speaking of which, Jeff and I signed me up to be a BeCentsable educator officially last night! Yay! (I can't remember if I did that before or after I blogged last night.) But I'm excited to get the info and start working on the training materials.

I got a really good email from Cheryl today about her brother-in-law, Tom. He is doing well after surgery last week to remove a brain tumor. Although it is cancer, and he will have to go through chemo and radiation, they have seen God work in amazing ways in his stay at the hospital. So, please keep praying for him and their whole family. They are a great example of family coming together to provide love and support and help, and of trusting God in all the things life brings.

Read Hannah's new blog today, and I'm encouraged that she is doing something to make a change for a cause she believes in. According to Seth Godin in Linchpin, that is art. Art is doing something to make a difference, make connections, cause a change in the people who receive it, break the status quo. With that definition, we are all capable of creating art in any field or area or job or situation. Very interesting concept! Go, Hannah!

I also hope the spring break trip is going well for Hannah and company. The weather hasn't been too bad so far this week--here at least, and they aren't that far away.

Hope Katie's paper-writing is going well too. Praying for everyone's stuff!!

Abby is working hard on filling out and handing in applications for jobs. I'm praying for great jobs for all of you girls this summer! And maybe I can get BeCentsable off the ground too.

Well, my eyes are tired and my head is heavy, so I think I will go and lie down. Even though it is darker, and it rained this afternoon a little, the birds are singing, and it still feels like spring. But it was a good afternoon to be able to rest. I didn't feel like I was missing out on being outside on a lovely day.

So, until later, dear readers!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

(response to Monday AND Tuesday)

Yay! I'm excited for BeCentsable!

I'm glad you had a nice first day of spring--that's rare--and I hope you feel better tomorrow :( Thanks for the prayers! =D