Friday, March 18, 2011

Soaking in the Sun!

Wow, I didn't blog Wed. or Thurs.--how strange. What was I doing? Wed. was school, and a walk, and of course after school the usual GE, bank, library errands. Then dinner and I think I just forgot in the evening. I'm pretty tired on Wednesdays after school and shopping and I think I zoned out!

Thursday was indeed a lovely day weather-wise. 60 degrees and sunny! So, I worked on history and language arts and SAT prep in the morning and early afternoon. I walked and had a quiet time, had to make dinner "on time" because I went to Linda's for Bible study in the evening at 6:45pm and it's hard to eat and clean up and get there by then. Got home after 9:15pm and again, I was tired. Nothing extremely eventful happened either, so you didn't miss much really!

Today it is beautiful again!! It started out cloudy which made for awesome sleeping in weather. I got up at 8:15am and Abby at about 9am! I still felt like I could have slept longer, but really, I DID have things to do!

I cleaned the house while talking to Meme for part of the time. I did all of the dusting and sweeping of the floors while I talked, and then I just had the bathrooms and vacuuming to finish afterward. We ate leftover quiche for lunch--still having it almost once a week. And I just happened to make a Toll House pie last night too since I was making pie crust. Our quiche habit could make us fat, since it often leads to another pie for dessert!! (The pie was mysteriously left uncovered last night, so I hope it isn't stale tonight when we have it for dessert when Hannah comes home!)

I checked some of Abby's Geometry since I don't do that regularly enough. Next, I plan to go for a walk, and have a quiet time, and make dinner. Jeff is picking Hannah up after work because she had some writing to do for a paper that she thought she could do better there. So that will work out fine, because I can make dinner and have it ready when they get home. Planning on making RedHot chicken and mashed potatoes.

I also need to go to Target soon because I'm out of OJ and almost out of coffee filters!! I'm actually making coffee enough that I'm using them up!

I started reading this book called "Linchpin" by Seth Godin. This too will go on the must-read list for Summer Yackley Life Training!! The last chapter I just read was about how our country trains people to be cogs in a machine through public schools and how there is such a need for people to be taught to answer questions and to be leaders. The linchpin idea is that it's the indispensable part that holds everything together in any organization, and how to really be successful, there needs to be more of them--not just one. It's a book about work and jobs and yet so much more--thinking about creativity and art (not just how we traditionally think of art--but creating something unique in any field) and that everyone can do it in some way.

So, don't let school kill the desire to do something unique with your lives--you don't just have to fit in and do what everyone else does. Especially when you add GOD to the equation (which he doesn't even mention in the book), you have the potential to do something truly amazing--because God has truly amazing plans for each of you! I'm thinking that starting a school that actually teaches children to think and engage and be creative would be an awesome thing to do! But maybe that's just the "Marmie" in me! :)

So, we are looking forward to having Hannah home for a short visit before she leaves again on the spring break trip. Praying that all goes well, and that she has lots of fun and good weather and conversations too!

So happy that Abby passed her driving test!! Yay!!

So happy that Katie passed the DELF!! Yay!!

We have much to be thankful for! So, until later, dear readers!

2 comments:

Kaite said...

1. I had coffee today!
2. ...couldn't you just make half a batch of pie crust? =)P

Melissa said...

Well, yeah, but what fun would that be?! :)