Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sleepy Time Change Sunday!

Today it was hard to wake up at what felt like 6:30am. We went to bed at 10pm then turned the clock ahead to 11pm. But after I was up it was OK.

I was scheduled for the nursery, but no kids showed up. Guess no one was able to get there at 9:30am after the time change. So I got to go to church instead.

We were also supposed to have a new member's class/lunch after church, but no one was interested in attending, so we just came home. Kinda good because our afternoon was short enough as it was. We made sausage/pierogies/peppers/onions for lunch and then talked to Katie while it was finishing cooking! Short but sweet chat, then lunch. Then we cleaned up the kitchen and cleaned out the frig for trash day tomorrow. Very exciting!

We walked this afternoon and it was colder than yesterday, but walking helps my back/leg muscles feel so much better. I was even walking more up to speed than yesterday.

We had to leave around 4:30pm to get Hannah back to Kent and have time to eat. We dropped off her stuff and then went to the Hub and ate Chinese. The line was short when we went up, but it ended up taking a long time to actually get our food. So poor Hannah had to eat kind of fast. I ate part of mine but was full pretty fast, so I had time to eat. I also got a DRINK! That's what filled me up. I wanted to get iced tea, but it was empty, so I got pop and all those bubbles....

We dropped Hannah off at Bowman and went to the Slacks to watch those adorable kids! And we saw Bryce for the first time too. Such a sweet little baby! The kids were very cute. Carter had a list of things to do with Mr. Jeff. And Jeff said something about his list having "take a nap" on it. That worried Carter a little bit, but we went up to their room when Lindsay left to look at books. I read to Maddie, and Jeff and Carter looked at a couple of things, then Jeff said, "OK, now we'll get to my agenda." He laid down and Carter walked on his back for a little bit. Then Carter said, "MY agenda is to go and play Wii!" So funny how he uses big words! Correctly too! Maddie was happy to sit on my lap and watch them play Wii, and that was fine with me!

Lindsay got home around 7:30pm to feed Bryce, so we left earlier than usual. Abby got home just after we did. She and Erin were in charge of the 620 tonight because Brandon was out of town. Jeremiah and Kayla came too and Jer. helped Abby with music. Very nice.

Greta has this spot on her eye by that big bump that was bleeding today. I think she must have rubbed it when she was rubbing her ears on the carpet. It looks a little better tonight, but it's concerning...do we take her to the vet? What will they say? Should we just let it go and see if it heals? Again with the decision-making problems! I always feel like things should heal on their own--God made us to heal, but it is a spot where she has the potential to keep it irritated.

To answer Katie's question about UV internships: Jeff did say that he has a big job for someone to do, and he has a job description which he will email us. It's to take all ~20 grade cards for the teens in the program, see what areas they are weak in, and then design something for each individual kid to improve those areas. Not sure if you'd be interested in that, but there is also volunteering for helping with phonics for many of the older kids who are still not reading well or at all. That's going on M-F from 12-4pm in 1/2 hour time slots, and volunteers can choose when to come I think. They haven't really said that to all the volunteers; Jeff just filled us in on that. You could email Rodney again, or I can email Jeff and remind him about the job description.

So, tomorrow begins another week. I prepared for my classes, but I hope I remember what I prepared! Hopefully it will come back to me. I think April will be back, and that will be good. It feels like, "MOM will be at school tomorrow! Yay!" She does seem like the Mom of the school, and it doesn't feel right when she's not there. She COOKS! And makes it SMELL good! And she cares so much about everyone. What a nice person!

Hope everyone has a good first day of the week! Praying for my girls and hubby! Until later, dear readers!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

thanks for the lovely post :)

"the line was short when we got there" ...but then you had gotten there and that made it not-short-anymore. ;)

CARTER IS ADORABLE.

the UV stuff sounds cool! I've technically been trained in curriculum planning...but I don't know the kids as well as the actual volunteers do, which would be a big part of that. And I like phonics too! :)