Monday, March 21, 2011

The First Day of Spring--For Real

Today felt like the first day of spring--for real. It was breezy, warm, sunny, and just felt like a real spring day--more like May at the end of finals week when you look around and notice there are leaves on the trees, and think, "Wow, when did THAT happen?"

I will try NOT to think about the weather forecast for snow at the end of the week....I will NOT think about snow... I will NOT....

We did notice that our neighbor across the street who had the snowman up on her door took down the snowman and replaced it with a spring wreath. We were wondering if she was strict about waiting until the first day of spring to change it, and well, maybe she is! I wasn't watching to see if she changed it at 7:21pm Sunday night when spring officially arrived!

Before we went to school today, we stopped at Target and got treats for my students since all of them got a 100% on their history tests. It was good we did too, because the history lesson today was long, but they stayed with me, didn't look drowsy, asked good questions, and were a generally terrific class.

However, I did an "uh-oh" last week that I just realized this week. Karen lets me borrow her projector for science on Wed. and we pack it up and put it in the closet and lock it over the weekend. Today she came in and asked if I had gotten out her projector this morning. I said no. She said she couldn't find it, so I went with her to look. We thought maybe someone had taken it out of the closet over the weekend which would be very strange. When we went into the room, there it was where I often set it before putting it away...After thinking about it, I had been helping a student with questions--the one who said I told them all the wrong answers to the study guide questions--yeah, that was stressful...

And the boys were putting away the tables so Abby was putting away my stuff and took the projector in the other room to keep it from getting knocked around, as we always do, but I had never gone in there to finish putting it away and locking the cabinet, so there it sat all weekend....thankfully, it worked fine and no one had bothered it at all. And thankfully, Karen is very understanding, gracious, and forgiving. She said, "I'd much rather it be you forgetting something of mine, than me forgetting something of yours. Isn't that selfish of me?" (laughing). So, all's well, and now I'll (hopefully) never forget again. We'll have a system of making sure it gets where it needs to go! We've done so well all year...

That's something that would really have bothered me in the not-so-distant past. I would have felt like a "bad person" for not being responsible for something so important to someone else. But even though I did feel bad about it, I didn't let it go beyond apologizing and making sure I do better in the future. Everyone makes mistakes, and it certainly wasn't intentional!

So, after school we went to the banks to transfer money for Katie, and Abby picked up some job apps. Her tummy has been hurting today/tonight--hope she's feeling better tomorrow.

I took a walk when we got home, had a quiet time, and then looked at the BeCentsable website to see about the educator idea again. And what I found was quite exciting!!

They have changed it so that instead of paying $250 to sign up and then getting free registrations to "pay you back," now you just pay $39 and don't have to pay them for registrations any more. They just changed it in February!! I'm so glad we decided to wait until after Jeff's bonus arrived, and now that cost is so much less, and it's so much less complicated too. You can charge whatever you want and keep all the money for classes. So, tonight I signed up!! Yay!! Looking forward to seeing what it's like. It will take a couple of days to get the info.

We watched Chuck. Very interesting...Now we have to wait for 2 weeks until the next one.

And now I am tired. My eyes hurt--sunshine, wind, and spring stuff...And I have been ready to go to bed since 9pm! But I made it until 10pm, so now there's nothing stoppin' me from crashing in my leetle beddy-by. So, until later, dear readers!

No comments: