Saturday, February 05, 2011

A snowy Saturday--again!

I didn't blog yesterday because I forgot until later at night after Jeff and I got home, and since I know Katie is in Paris and not reading, and I got to talk to Hannah, I decided to wait until today.



Let's see...Thursday night Bible study was good--just Linda and Jemma and me because Carol had something at work. We finished the book of James and will start the Gospel of John next time. In preparation for Easter. That'll be good.



Friday I cleaned the house. I almost tackled the basement storage issue when I couldn't find the regular bathroom rug in the packed up stuff from decorating for Christmas. But after cleaning the house, I was too tired. I had lost my pep for tackling a major project. I've realized that I don't like to start a big project when I know I can't finish it. Put that on the list of things I know about myself in thinking about jobs/careers, etc.



Then it was lunch time, and we ate, and I went for a walk. In the sunshine I could almost feel a hint of spring. Someday, someday... I had a quiet time, talked to Hannah, Abby went to babysit, I ironed while listening to DR--yes, I actually got the whole ironing board clean off! It's empty!! THAT hasn't happened in a long time.



I then proceeded to order my yearly Arbonne order. Ouch! It hurts to hand over that much money, but I sat and thought about it for quite a little bit, and I decided that I only order it once a year really, I would have to buy something if I didn't buy that, and anything else I would buy would just disappoint me. For me, this is a case of spending the money once on something that works, and not wasting money on what doesn't. Plus, I had the cash from jewelry sales, so before I actually ordered it, I went and got the money out of my envelopes, made sure I had enough to cover my hair appointments for the rest of the year, and then finished the order. I'm so thankful to have made enough to allow me to buy the things that matter to me in my own vain kind of way. I don't care about buying designer clothes because I can find great clothes at the thrift store, but I haven't found bargain hair or skin care stuff that works. Maybe someday I will, and I'd be HAPPY to switch if I did!

That took until Dad and Abby got home. I made Abby some eggs for dinner--so she wouldn't call child protective services on me--I had promised her that I would feed her, and I had to keep my promise! :) Or else! :)

Jeff and I went to Donato's for dinner. He had called ahead, so our pizza was ready when we got there. Very nice! Veggie with chicken. We went to Marc's after that and then to DQ for B1G1Free Blizzards. DE-licious! Then home. We watched this Barbara Walters' special about her open heart surgery--David Letterman, Robin Williams, Barbara, and guy I can't remember his name, and Bill Clinton. Very interesting actually.

Today, I didn't feel like making soup and rice again, so I just pulled some chili out of the freezer that I had saved from another week, made some rice, and also made rigatoni. We went to get the Karen girls around 12--just as it was starting to freezing rain/snow. Glad Jeff goes with me, otherwise I wouldn't have had the guts to go. We ate--they mostly ate the soup and rice of course, but that was good because it used it up. They went sledding all except for Ehler--we worked on OGT math stuff she had brought. Then hot chocolate, drying all the wet coats, gloves, etc. and watching Coraline which is really kind of weird, and I hope it doesn't give anyone bad dreams! The younger girls are working on Valentine's Day cards, and we'll probably take them home soon. Now that the movie is over though, we should try to skype to with Hannah before they leave.

I read this really good article in Reader's Digest from the Harvard Business Review that I'd like to write about, but I think I'll save it since the movie is over and I should come out of my laptop cave now! So, more later, but that's the scoop for now, dear reader!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

I'm glad you all had a good weekend and didn't appear to be worried abput my lack of communication! =D Love! Hopefully we can talk soon, but I feel like I have a good bit of catching up to do--talking to you all is on the list though. :)