Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A quick little update

So, let's see...today I felt like I actually had time this morning to do what I needed to do, and then to have a quiet time AND read some of The Element before school. It was a nice morning and part of my "rest and recover" program to not just FIND something to do, but to take advantage of some free time to do something I enjoy. Novel idea--though The Element is NOT a novel for the record. :)

I went to school and get my stuff together for science. Ate lunch with the moms. I'd love to have a mom's social time to actually get to just talk and not always be watching the clock. Taught my class, and I think it went OK. I gave them some extra help in knowing how to prepare for the test, so we'll see how those tests go. I need to grade the last ones that they handed in today.

We went to the bank and then Giant Eagle after school, home to unload everything--so thankful to have Abby's help--she's a great "muscle woman!" Especially when she's talking in a "Roosian" accent--which she did quite a bit today. See what you started, Katie!! :)

I went for a walk this afternoon, and it was actually quite pleasant. Sunny and 40ish. I felt tired though and kind of like I was dragging myself around the neighborhood. But it's probably because I missed a few days of walking over the weekend. So, I just kept walking, just kept walking, just kept walking, walking, walking...And I'm glad I did!

Then I put some rigatoni in the oven that I had taken out of the freezer since it was just Abby and me for dinner. Jeff went to the calling hours for Peggy--Paul's wife who was a friend of the family in Millersburg--in Mansfield after work. We ate and then we went to the Falls bball game. It was actually an interesting game. The Falls players shot an amazing amount of 3 pointers and were really accurate. By half time they had over 50 points! It looked like they knew what they were doing! And the girls did a great job dancing. I did a lousy job of videorecording. I turned it on, but it didn't record--who knows what I did wrong, or didn't do right? But they did very well.

Jeff said the number of people at the calling hours was truly remarkable. He waited in line for 2 hours to talk to Paul, and the line was twice as long when he left as when he got there. She was a special person and apparently affected many people. So sad.

We watched AI tonight, and I am off to bed soon. I feel like I'm fighting something because my throat is sore and my joints are a little achy. Aww...now we're watching the news and they are saying we might get some freezing rain and snow again in the next 2 days. Abby is supposed to have driving again tomorrow morning--her last one. It got canceled on Tuesday because of all the snow.

Ooh--ugh--there was also just a thing on the news about bedbugs--so gross. OK, Kaite, when you travel, keep your suitcase/backpack zipped up when you aren't using it. That's another thing you DON'T want to have to deal with. And I'm sure your host family would appreciate you not bringing them home with you! :)

So, nothing really earthshattering today, but good day overall. Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow while Abby is driving--I have some jewelry I could make...we'll see. And I'll tell you what I end up doing then! So, until then, dear readers!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Phillipe got me started taalking in Roosian accent. Blame the leetle boy. We both like to talk in accent.