Thursday, February 10, 2011

I did not freeze to death! Yay!

No, I didn't freeze to death and therefore not post...I just had a busy day on Wednesday, and therefore I did not post. Thankfully. :)

Thankfully, my husband IS Superman and IS able to do all things through Christ Who gives him strength, and gives him understanding, and gives him the internet to find information. Thankfully, he got the furnace fixed before I fell completely asleep on Tuesday night. I had almost drifted off with the space heater on, but I knew that Jeff might be up very late working on the furnace, and I couldn't sleep soundly worrying about "What if the space heater overheats from being on all night and starts a fire?" I know--that's a "grandma" thing to worry about. But I just didn't want to be sleeping, dreaming of sitting by a crackling, roaring fire to wake up and have it be in my bedroom for real! Not helpful in sleeping well!

So soon after I got up and turned it off, Jeff came up and said the furnace was working! YAY! After my initial YAY! (which I couldn't fully express because I was drifting off to sleep) my next thought was, "Rats! Now I'm going to roast in these fleece pajamas and extra socks." But, it really didn't bother me, and I slept well! If not long enough...

Wednesday was school--Abby's ride to Spanish class had car trouble so Jeff had to take her at the last minute--they texted her, but she can't receive texts. It worked out OK. I was busy all morning getting ready for school. I had to hard boil eggs for a science experiment, do some bank stuff, pack lunch, and any number of other miscellaneous activities that can take up a whole morning!

Got to school and made copies and gathered science supplies. I wasn't sure if we were going to make it through a whole module or not. It seemed like we could, but we had 3 experiments to do. But with a snow day last week, we could stay on track if we did the whole thing. I could have stopped at 1:30pm vs. 2pm, but then next week there wouldn't have been enough to do, and since they weren't listening very well, I wasn't feeling the most generous about rewarding that behavior and letting them out early. It's a hard time of day, but I was hoping with the experiments, that it would be less just sitting and listening. There's only so much I can do!

So after school, I took Abby to the library, and I went to the bank and deposited my money for all of my purchases of late (Arbonne, Oriental Trading, and my hair appointment), and then to GE for a much-needed trip. I didn't go at all to GE last week since there was a snow storm. And I was rewarded for my diligence in keeping track of my running total, because at the end I thought it should have been $128 and it was $134. There was about $1.50 tax, but that was more off than I usually am.

I hadn't been able to watch her scan everything at the beginning since I was the only one in line and was putting stuff on the belt, so I checked my receipt after I was done, and sure enough, she had scanned 3 frozen pizzas instead of the 2 I had gotten. $5 too much. YES! So I went to the customer service counter and told her and she gave me the $5 back! YES! It pays to pay attention! Or it COSTS to not pay attention!

Then home and unloading everything. We have so much stuff on Wed. with school, library (I did go back and pick Abby up at the library, never fear--you looked worried!), and groceries. But we got it all in and put away, and then I pretty much had to start dinner.

Abby was skyping with Katie though, so I got in on that for a little while. So great to talk to her and SEE her and hear about all the amazing conversations she's having with seekers! A sweet aroma! Kinda like freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, or maybe Cinnabon, is Katie to them, I'm sure. Can't resist getting a little closer and seeing what's up with her life. I know they are really seeing Jesus in her--not sure what aroma He is, but it's irresistable eventually, I hope to them!

I made RedHot chicken, fried rice with leftovers from Saturday, and brocolli/broccoli--I can never decide which is the right way to spell that, and I always just abbreviate it on grocery menus as "Broc" so that doesn't help! Anyway, after dinner, Jeff and I went to a leader's meeting that was small but productive.

We decided to do "Extreme Makeover Hope Edition" for the three weeks before Easter--sermon messages, some job finding help/seminars, money saving seminar, and some home fixing-up projects for people in the church and out too. Sounds like it will be a good thing!

Today I went over to Angie's house and chatted with her. She has so much going on--I'm hoping we can help them as one of the people for "EMHE" because they have several house projects that they don't have the time or money for at the moment. Or for several months/years! We'll see.

Then I made egg salad for lunch--April makes it often on Wed. for lunch and lets me have some--it's just really good. Now a blog and more laundry and helping Abby with ACT stuff. And then a quiet time and making dinner. I think I actually have quiche on the menu tonight which I didn't think about when I ate eggs for lunch! Oh well, I'll just have all my cholesterol in one day and live it up! :)

Sadly, I have not been able to walk this week except for Monday since the temp. has been so cold. It was a big fat 0 this morning. And it really only is up to close to 20 now. But by Saturday, it's supposed to be around freezing which will feel WARM! And close to 40 on Sunday/Monday. Now I am just praying that when our icicles do melt along with all of the ice in the gutters, that it doesn't leak up into our roof and into our house and cause water damage. Always something to pray for! The house was making these loud creaks and cracks overnight and this morning. Weird...

So, now off to laundry...and ACT...and dinner....So, until later, dear reader!

No comments: