Thursday, February 03, 2011

What a difference ANOTHER day makes!

It's sunny again today! Like Monday, but with a layer of ice and snow all over everything. At least the sun is nice and is helping to melt things a little bit.

We babysat this morning--thought it would be fairly short, but ended up being three hours! The kids were good, but Emily got tired and fell asleep--Abby's a master of putting her to sleep! The boys were getting tired and hungry too. They were here from 9:15am-12:15pm. Time for lunch and naps--for all of us! :)

I did some laundry while they were here and somehow Abby got some school done too. After lunch, I figured out the Discover bill and went to the bank to get our money for the next couple of weeks, and to move some money around. Then I went for a walk which was a slight challenge since the sidewalks were snowy and icy and the streets were partly clear and partly covered in slushy stuff. I went back and forth between the two depending on traffic. But even though I couldn't just mindlessly walk, I did feel refreshed afterward.

Came home and had a quiet time and now blogging and then dinner and going to Linda's house for Bible study. I like BEING there, but I don't like GOING out in the cold and snow. So, that's my day in a nutshell.

Katie's blog was awesome! So much happens in a day in France. Most days, so little happens here! Or maybe what happens here just isn't as interesting and new as France. Oh well, I'm just so happy that she is doing well, and meeting such interesting people, and getting to talk about her faith with them, and trying new foods, and getting to go to PARIS this weekend! How cool is that? And how cool is it that it's supposed to be warm there? Or warmer at least. Yay! I can't wait to hear all about that too. What a great experience! Love you, chicky!

Planning to have the Karen girls over this Saturday, and maybe Hannah is coming home? She is thinking about it.

OK, I need to go and figure out dinner--what to eat tonight? I didn't go to the grocery store yesterday since the weather was bad, and so I don't have all the things I was planning to have. Not a great situation at almost 5pm! I made tuna noodle casserole last night instead of making tuna alfredo from a box. Not as good, sadly, but healthier. So, here I go to find some food for my family tonight! Until later, dear reader!

No comments: