Tuesday, February 01, 2011

What a difference a day makes!

Indeed! Yesterday it was sunny and cold, but still pleasant. Today we are in the midst of another storm--mostly ice/freezing rain and less snow here, but schools were canceled--even Kent State and U of A. So, no UV or dance. It stopped this afternoon, but started again this evening. So Akron Public Schools are canceled already for tomorrow, so I'm guessing that means no BOW. I spent the morning working on science for tomorrow, but I may be off the hook. That Sir Isaac Newton was some guy! He described gravity, did the experiment with the prism to see that light is made up of different colors, AND developed calculus--all in less than 18 months! What have I done in the last 18 months? :)

When Greta went outside today, she could walk on top of the snow because it was so frozen. Her leash was frozen into the snow on the deck, so I had to let her go without it. Good thing she doesn't take off anymore! She was a lot less snowy when she came in too!

I also sent out emails to all of the parents giving them the updates about what assignments their kids were missing this week. I should really just learn to use Thinkwave, but I haven't yet, so I'm doing things the slow way. But it's good to communicate with parents I think.

Some time in there I ordered some stuff from Oriental Trading too. I have been needing more of those little bags for jewelry, so when I got an email from My Points about getting 500 points with an order, plus free shipping, I decided now was the time. However, after I picked out what I wanted (which takes a while to find), and put in my free shipping code, it didn't work. So I called and she said I needed an order of $59 to get the free shipping. Since shipping is $10, and I had about $30 in products, I looked around and found some good silver spacer beads that I can use and have a hard time finding around here. All said, I got free shipping and $5 off, so I spent around $53, but it will just come out of my jewelry money, and I'll have more stuff to use! Whew! That took way too long to do in real life and to describe in blog-life!

I worked on cutting coupons and doing the grocery list and menu after lunch while listening to Dave Ramsey. Then I made quiche for dinner again. It's very satisfying, quick to make, fairly inexpensive if you don't use fancy stuff, and Jeff and Abby like it. Plus it makes 6 pieces so we each get one for dinner and one for lunch the next day. If I make it when everyone's home, it'll be easy to double things and make two! I also balanced the checkbook after Abby brought in the mail. Don't know why, but I like doing that!

Abby went to have coffee with Katie F. this afternoon, and stayed down there to chat for a while. Jeff and I finally got a Roth IRA set up--we've been talking about it for a couple of months. But then we realized that it was good we had budgeted the amount to put in it and then waited because we needed a lump sum to start it. Another baby step down! Still working on the college one! Why weren't we smart a long time ago? We could have saved so much more...

I made chocolate pudding after dinner and after doing Roth IRA stuff, so we ate that while watching Chuck. That was one good show! I won't say too much, but it was well done! Bravo!

Then I read some more of 48 Days and the Sunday paper a little. And now it is 10:10pm and I am tired. Even though it looks like a snow day again tomorrow, I think I'll head to bed at the regular time and not stay up late!

But, I must say, that it was great to read Katie's blog and hear about her shopping expedition. And to see Hannah on skype a little bit too. Didn't get to talk to her--only see her since Dad was using the headphones, and I was making pudding.

So, now, as Katie's sometimes do, my eyes are wanting to close, so I shall say good night, dear readers! Until next time!

No comments: