Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fast post!

I have a little time before I have to put food in the oven for small group, so I will blog fast!

Hannah got home around 10:45pm--I was in bed, but still awake and talke for a short time until my eyes wouldn't stay open anymore. All that work and fresh air, you know.

Today I slept in a little, then Abby left for the Celtic Ball practice with the Joneses. I made two pans of rice and bean stuff for tonight--I was only going to make one, but then I thought about how many people were coming, and how few other things we have--tacos, and chips and salsa, dessert and drinks. Yeah, I made two. We want to have some leftover so that Hannah can take some back to school with her. And if we have LOTS left, that's what we'll have to eat this week. I also decided to make a fruit salad to add some variety and well, fruit, to the menu. Alycia is bringing toppings for the tacos, so that will have some lettuce and tomatoes probably, but...

Then after Hannah was up and took a shower, and I was done making food, we went to Target, got her some shower gel, and went to Starbucks (in Target) and chatted. It was good to talk about all the options she has in the world and all the things she can think about doing if she wants to--she started reading The Element this morning too, and it gives one much to think about. Finding what makes you be in your element, where you work in the "zone"--where you get so involved in what you're doing that you lose track of time and really enjoy it. Ideally, that's where you should be working--in that area. But there are many options... The Element goes on the "Required Reading List" for summer 2011 here at the Yackley house!

We came home and ate lunch late--at 2pm when Abby got back from practice. I looked over my chapter again for small group, did the meal sign-up sheet I needed to do for KerryLynn who is having back surgery, and made the power point for the announcements. I'm getting better at that!

Now it's 4pm, and Abby is leaving in a few minutes to go out for dinner to Olive Garden with the Joneses before the dance. They are leaving plenty early I think, but that's good so that they won't be rushed or miss the Grand March!--OK, took a break to help Abby find a sweater, to take pictures, to say good-bye. In the midst of that, Angie called and said that Derek fell down the steps and then threw up, so they are taking him to Children's to be checked out, but they dropped off the meat and taco shells on the way. How sweet of them! Hopefully, he'll be fine and they'll stop here on their way home. Whew!

OK, now I only have 20 minutes until people are supposed to be here, so I must go and get ready! Until later, dear readers!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

Plenty to keep you busy! Mm, dinner sounds good :) I hope Derek's fine. :) I had a funny dream about them last night but I'll post it on my blog or tell you when we (hopefully) talk tonight. =D Wow, WORKING where you lose track of time? Radical! =)P