Friday, February 18, 2011

Another spring-like day. I'll take it!

So, we had another B-E-A-U-TI-FUL day here in Ohio! The thermometer still said 60 degrees, but it was sunny all day which made it feel so much warmer! I cleaned the house quickly so that I could go for a walk, so I was done by about 11am. Then I walked, and I was going to take Greta since she seemed to want to go, but then at the corner, she wanted to come back home. So, I brought her back because dragging a dog all around the neighborhood would put a damper on an otherwise lovely walk.

Then when I got home, I decided to wash the Honda before lunch--it was SO dirty, and I knew today would be my last day to do it. THEN, since I was in the car washing mode, and the van was really dirty too, I went ahead and washed that. As I was washing, I was thinking that I was doing "February" car washes. Not as thorough a job as I would do in April or May since I know that it will be dirty again very soon. But still, in the middle of the winter, it was awesome to get the dirt and salt off.

I also swept out the garage and promptly closed the door because it was very windy and the leaves were blowing right back in.

I talked to Hannah for a little bit, and she is coming home tonight! Yay! We are planning to go to Panera for coffee tomorrow to talk about life. I called the Dr.'s office today to make sure they would be open tomorrow so that we could go in and Hannah could get her second Hep A vaccine. They had told me before that it was just a nurse visit, so we could just come in whenever. But today, they said tomorrow isn't a good day. The nurse said we couldn't come in. It would take all of 5 minutes. I said to the fam that I would be glad to give it to her if they'd just give me the stuff! :) So we'll have to wait until she comes home next.

Then, after lunch, I decided that poor Greta needed a haircut and bath. So I tackled her too. Almost literally. And then I had a quiet time after talking to Mom for a little bit. And then I made RedHot chicken and mashed potatoes and peas for dinner and for leftovers for Hannah tomorrow. And I made the pb pie filling too. We ate, and now we are watching "Edward Scissorhands" which is an exceedingly weird movie. It's a trifecta of weirdness: Danny Elfman, Johnny Depp, and Tim Burton.

It felt really good to get so much done today, but now I am very tired. When I sat down to eat dinner, it hit me. And now my eyes are feeling heavy! I guess it's good that I wasn't sure what I was doing today last night when I posted, or I might have been very overwhelmed! But when the sun is shining and you know it won't last another day (it's supposed to be colder tomorrow), and suddenly you have all kinds of energy and motivation, it's good, and it doesn't seem overwhelming!

So now I guess I will go and get treats for everyone. I need to put the Cool Whip on the pie and the extra pb crumbles, and we still have three scotcheroos left from last night. Decisions, decisions. Delicious decisions!

So, until later, dear readers!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

I mean, I'd be OK with those kinds of decisions and working in that kind of weather... :) But I guess my decisions are "should I have a pain au chocolat or some French/German chocolate or a palmier (sugarcookieish pastrie) or ..." :)P

"So I tackled her too. Almost literally." <=hahahaha!