Friday, June 18, 2010

The week in review

It's been longer than I thought since I blogged last. Let's see, Wed. I went to the grocery store with Abby--I remember that. Also made some dinner for us, did some laundry, took Hannah and Abby to piano and went to Marc's. Pretty basic Wed. I think. Oh yeah, in the evening Jeff and I went to meet with Tijana to talk about Arbonne and get the details of what would be involved with it. It was a good talk and gave us more information--I think Jeff would do a fabulous job with it! He's a natural salesman--if only HE needed another job...but he's quite busy already!

Thursday we cleaned, Abby mowed the grass, and in the afternoon I shopped for gifts for Jeff, Lynne (retirement party on Saturday), and Sarah (graduation party Sat.). I was really happy that I was able to find good stuff for them and stay in the budget. Got Lynne a summer serving tray with cute mugs, bowls, placemats and Sarah a game night kit with a few games and snacks.

We went to Borders Thursday night to look for a nutrition book for Lisa H. for helping so much with Hannah's party. She mentioned she was interested in learning more about it, and I found a pretty good basic book about what foods are good for you, etc.

I've been working on the exercises in WCIYP? and the last one was to write 7 stories about 7 things you've done in your life that you enjoyed. Including what you were trying to accomplish, what obstacles you had to overcome, what steps you took in detail, and what the outcome was. Then after that, you look at this list of 100 skills and mark in a grid which ones you did in each story. After you are done, you can see a pattern of which skills you used consistently over the 7 stories. From what I learned, I should have been an accountant!

The most marked categories were "Using Numbers" and "Analytical Thinking" due to my obstacles usually involving a limited budget, and my steps including planning, organizing and shopping! But that is true--I do enjoy those things. It's been very good to think past just what job I would want and to learn what I really like to do and then later how that could translate into a job. Always good to understand yourself better before launching into something new.

I'm at the point where I'm willing to do anything, but only if it's GOD who tells me to do it. I'm not going to just pick something and try it, but wait and see where God leads me next.

Today I went to Angie's to talk to her and Alycia--thankfully Abby went with me, or we'd never have gotten to talk, and it had nothing to do with the twins. They slept the whole time. But 4 active boys ages 4,3,2,1 will keep things loud and busy!!

Then I had to leave a little early to do a job for Suanne--taking Andrew to the orthodontist--I made a whole $5!! Woo Hoo! It was good pay/hour, but not impressive in the total amount, considering he just goes to the Haas office right next to Target!

I walked before I went to Angie's because it was supposed to get hotter today, and it did--at one point the thermometer said 100 degrees--but you know how that is; it went back down soon after that.

I made some chicken and corn on the cob (which I cut off the cob) for dinner this afternoon because I had a hair appointment at 4:30-6pm. It had been 11 weeks since my last hair cut and color! Whew! But it did come out a little darker than I'd like, but it does fade some after a few washes and in the sun. So I think it's OK. Really looks a lot closer to my natural color.

Last night we had Kraus' pizza for Dad's belated birthday dinner and then got Blizzards for dessert after shopping--that's why we needed chicken and veggies and fruit for dinner tonight!!

Tomorrow we have parties too so we'll eat more good food--maybe we should go for another walk tonight! Then I think our party circuit is over for a while--I've been enjoying the delicious food that I don't have to cook almost every weekend!

Guess since it's almost 8pm I'll go and enjoy the rest of my Friday night hanging out with Dad and Abby since Hannah is at work. Till next time, dear reader!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

Aww, both you and Abby ended your posts with "Time to hang out with the other two!" haha :) Sounds like a good week and now I know the overview so we can talk in detail tonight. :-D