Thursday, June 24, 2010

Destination Kent State Day 2

Another fun day at Kent State, although I was totally exhausted when we got home. I managed to put some laundry in and have a quiet time, but then I had to take a nap. And it wasn't one of those "just doze off for a little while" naps. I was OUT! Hannah did a great job of meeting people and getting a great schedule, and I think she'll have a great time being a college student there. I'm just really praying for her to get into the Honors Dorm though. Seems like all the Honors students want to live there, and I hope there will be room for her and Judi. It's a really nice place to live!

Jeff, Hannah, and Abby all went to hear Jeremiah and Jen play in North Canton, but I just couldn't do it. I have a tutoring appointment in the morning at 9am and then have to go and get the Karen girls right after that. I needed a few moments to clean up and prepare so that when Sarah got here, I would have some idea of what we were doing.

I worked on the Science section of the ACT prep book--I'm still pretty good at it! I only missed one question on the drills for two types of questions, so that gave me more confidence that I actually COULD help someone else with it. It's good prep for the Fall too in teaching my class.

I'm hoping the Karen girls will be content with nothing too crazy tomorrow. I just haven't had the time to plan anything big for them. That's been true for a long time unfortunately so maybe they're used to it by now. It will be good to see them. It's been a long time since they've been over!

So, one more busy day, and then a quieter weekend. At least I hope it is. I'd love to be traveling to Prague with Katie, but I'll have to settle for hanging out here!

It was so good to video chat a little with Katie today! Since she'll be gone all weekend, this gave us a little face time before she left. Even though she had to stay up late to do it. Thanks, Kate!

There is still a possibility of Abby getting a nanny job. We were thinking that it was too far and that it just couldn't work out, but tonight Nick said they may be willing to bring their adorable 6 month old daughter to us. I guess Jeff just needs to call the guy and talk to him about it and see what they need and if it would be too much for us and not enough for them. Abby would have to quit this fall, and they'd have to find someone else. But I bet it would be a profitable job for the time she could do it. Quite a huge responsibility though! Have to think about that one!

I still don't know what I believe God might be telling me to do with my time this fall. I've been praying and reading and thinking. Told Jeff that I'd like to talk more about it because I want to make sure whatever I do, that it is helping my family and not taking away from it. It's a fine line between helping by earning money and helping by being available all the time. After getting up at 6am two days in a row this week, I realized what a wimp I am about needing sleep too. I don't just feel tired, but dizzy, headachy, eyes burning, stomach feeling funny at first when I wake up. It gets better during the day, but this afternoon, I just crashed. So, whatever I do, I need adequate sleep! Guess I learned something more this week--nothing I didn't really know already, but it's not just in my head.

So, speaking of which, I need to go and get ready for bed so I can get up and be ready for another busy day tomorrow. It's only 9:30pm, and the fam isn't home yet, but tonight should finally be a good sleep night--no thunderstorms, it's cooler outside so we can have the windows open, hopefully Greta will sleep well too! She was climbing on my pillow last night too when it stormed. She's some dog!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

I was almost scrolling up before I read the last sentence...but then was really glad I didn't! hahahahaha! =D