Friday, June 11, 2010

A nutty update

Another quick blog update...we had a garage sale today after setting up for about 2 hours last night. We have it down to a science really: collect stuff during the year and put it out on tables in a couple of hours. The only really feasible way to do it! Plus, last year I went through things so thoroughly that this year there just wasn't that much to sell. It started at 8am so I was up early. It wasn't that busy, but we sold some stuff and made a whopping $63 on day one!! Considering our largest sale in one transaction was $7 that's not bad. Most of it was 25 cents stuff.

Got SEVERAL awesome postcards from our dear Katie dear today!! Thank you for thinking of us--love the pictures--also love that you have all of us working on the bridge in Prague--but what are you doing? Out sight-seeing, having cafe, touring castles? Or maybe teaching English somewhere nearby? :)))

Meme and Pops were here on Thursday/Friday because one of his college friends passed away and the calling hours/funeral were in Kent. (They drove by the University.) So it was nice to sit and chat with Meme during the sale and not to have to go anywhere. They left this afternoon right after Pops got home from the funeral. But she just called and said they still weren't home because he wanted to stop a bunch of places on the way home...no one knows why!

Hannah is recovering nicely--just a little swollen and a little bruise on her left cheek. She's been a good patient--doing what she's supposed to and taking care of herself as instructed. :)

Last night on our walk Nick N. asked if we were the nanny service--I thought he was joking, or needed a sitter for their kids, but he said a friend of his at work really needs a full-time nanny for a 6 month old baby girl--unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) they live in CF so the distance is probably too far. Not sure Abby would really want to work that much or if they would really want someone for just the summer. Then he also asked if I would be interested in teaching a class--but it's in Hudson and on M/W--same days as BOW--but nice he is thinking of us and liked our flyers!

We went to the Arbonne thing on Wed. night--I'm sure now that we really did go since it is now Friday and we did in actuality go! It was interesting and somewhat thought-provoking. We're talking about it, but there are some real "cons" in my mind about it. I'm reading What Color is Your Parachute?--a book about careers and finding a job, and I'm thinking I need to better define just exactly what would be the perfect job for me so that I'll better know it if it comes along, or I can go and look for it. I also think that this is going to be one of those "God leading me" events in my life. I may do all of the thinking and preparation, but I really think God is going to have to show me specifically what HE wants me to do.

So today from my QT in John 8: I need to abide in the Word and then God will show me the truth and that truth will set me free--to be in the place God wants me to be and not in a place that I get myself into which may not be real freedom. And Jesus didn't come on His own initiatve, but God sent Him. I need to be careful to see where God sends me and not just go pounding on doors on my own initiative. Look to see where God is working and join Him in His work--wherever that may be. The word "working" takes on new meaning when I really mean working!

So, that's life in a nutshell--or the nuthouse as the case may be! Need to go and make dinner since Dad's home and I told him there's no food because I'm blogging!! He may regret helping me get a laptop after all!! Just wait until I get a job...

No comments: