Tuesday, June 15, 2010

First day at UV for the summer

Today was our first day of the summer program at Urban Vision. I did reading all day from 9-1, and my throat is sore after talking for so long. But it went well overall. A few things we need to tweak, but it was good to plan with the ladies who are doing it, so we all know what's going on and can work together. Didn't see a lot of my buddies because they didn't have to do reading--have good enough grades.

Funny last night--Ann called to thank us for the milk we got them and to catch up and to see if I wanted to go to Panera this morning. I was sad to have to say no because we had UV. Just after I hung up with her, Kelly with the twins called to see if Abby could babysit...this morning. Had to say no again. Bummer. All week nothing going on except one day and everyone calls about that day. Just after that, the phone rang again, and Hannah jokingly said, "Now who wants us to do something tomorrow morning?" It was Suanne who said she got our flyer and needed help...you guessed it! Tuesday morning. Wow. This volunteer job is costing us money! I did kind of have a hard time because I really would have loved to help people, but I have to trust God that we are doing what we are supposed to and let it go!

Today is Jeff's 45th birthday!! He is golfing, and I hope it's at Firestone as he hoped! Hannah is working and Abby has VBS, so I guess his birthday celebration will have to be later this week.

Well, need to go and make Abby some dinner before she has to leave. But that's the day so far!

No comments: