Monday, June 14, 2010

A productive day of thinking and planning

Today has been a productive work day, but not physically--mentally. I actually really like days like this when I'm home and have time to tackle things that take uninterrupted thought processes. I slept in some because I've been staying up too late, then walked--it felt like early morning--kind of hazy, not quite bright daylight, cool. Unfortunately, it was 10am, so I didn't have nearly the amount of morning left when I got home that I felt like I should. I remedied that by working until 1:30pm and then eating lunch which makes for a short afternoon. :)

I got the ACT/SAT books out and just when I was walking out to the table with them, Sarah Simich called to ask about tutoring for the ACT. Weird timing! She is so sweet--it would be fun to help her. I figured out how to split up the chapters to fit in the weeks that we have to work with, and the only thing I feel nervous about is teaching the math sections. I think I'll have to study to know what I'm doing with those. But those are things I can do a little at a time as we go through the year. Otherwise, I think it will be fun to help the kids learn some of the tricks and de-mystify the process.

I had a quiet time and made dinner early for Abby to go to VBS at Green Valley. Earlier, I called the census bureau back--they called Sunday night and left a message for me to call them about our survey. So basically they just wanted to clarify about Katie's existence. :) College student and all.

I also made an appointment to get my hair done on Friday! It's been since April just before Easter, and I have been covering my roots with eye shadow and bronzer! Sounds funny, but it works great! Covers the greys and blends in the roots--why shouldn't it work on hair as well as skin? :)

I tried to have the Karen girls over this Wed. but they are too busy for us! They have the summer program M, T, R and then volleyball on Wed. and Fri. so that will keep them busy and give us another week before we have them over again. I'm glad they have lots of fun things to do because Ehne Thau said she was just sitting around "being boring."

We've been working on the exercises from What Color is Your Parachute? and it is interesting to learn more about me and what I really value. Hope it helps me focus in on what my next career will be!

Unfortunately, my wrist is starting to hurt from typing so much so I shall bid you adieu, dear reader. Hopefully I spelled it right, dear French-speaking reader!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

Perfect example! We just talked today in class about how ELLs mix up surprised/ing, bored/ing....haha!

and I love the rest too of course. :-D

and you too of course. :-D