Tuesday, June 08, 2010

First Post with my new laptop!

Quick post just because I can on my NEW LAPTOP!! We just got back from a walk,and I can sit down and write quickly instead of trudging all the way upstairs to use that computer. :)

We got this laptop yesterday when Jeff went to get some FREE copies made at Staples (guess that's why they give free copies). It was on clearance of course, and when Jeff went to get the gift cards at Giant Eagle to get the fuel perks, I stood by it to "guard" it while the guy went to get the box and whatever he had to do. Good thing too because an older couple with their grandson came in with the ad looking for MY laptop!! It was the display one because all of the others were gone. They seemed rather put out, but I couldn't help it, and it was just kind of confirmation that it was a good deal. In fact, I had just been standing there thinking how boring this purchase was--we usually have a story to go with it when we buy anything big! So now we do!!

Hannah is doing very well with her wisdom teeth so far. She's a little swollen on her left side, but the right seems OK. She ate mashed potatoes for dinner and jello and pudding. Only taken ibuprofen so far too. She's enjoying a dose of MLIA since she doesn't usually have this much time to kill!!

Just found out today that Meme and Pops are coming over on Thursday and Friday because a friend of Pops' from college passed away and calling hours/funeral are R/F. We may have a garage sale on Friday, but Meme said she thought it would be fun to be here for that. She could keep us company if it's boring.

Still looking at job options. I told Linda that I was thinking about jobs, and she has sent me two ideas for tutoring in two days. What a helpful friend! We passed out our flyers for tutoring and household help last night. So I'm praying that we'll get some jobs from that.

I spent a long time today working on stuff for Urban Vision reading, but I got it mostly done, so I think that'll be most of the work for the summer. We are meeting on Thursday morning so I have a deadlline.

Dad and I may go to an Arbonne event tomorrow night. I keep saying "may" even though we've said we are going. Tijana is getting a white Mercedes for her new position! That's exciting, and she said it would be a good time to go, so I think we'll go just to hear more about it.

Got to try out skype with Katie today on my new laptop! That was fun--may make blogging a little less necessary on days I get to talk to her (you!)

Well, I haven't had a chance to have a quiet time yet today, so that is next on my list--can't go on too long with time with God to keep me going!!

No comments: