Monday, June 04, 2012

A New Chapter

So, after spending considerable time trying to figure out how to start posting again (it's been over a year since I wrote because no one's been out of the country since then), I think I've got it. And, since Hannah left this morning for Honduras, I will again try to keep her updated via blog on the daily goings-on at our house.

Today felt like four days in one. Day 1: Up early to take Hannah and Elsa to the airport--like 4:30am early! Day 2: Home and napped from 7-9am, Kaite was here, we walked after breakfast, and she left around 11:30 or 12. Day 3: Abby and I went to the bank, library, and Huntington to open her "college" account, then Giant Eagle since we had little food! I knew I had to go to the store when Jeff saw an apple sitting out on the counter this morning before the airport, and he said, "An APPLE!" and rushed over to put it in his lunch box. He must be desperate for some fresh fruit! Day 4: Abby went to work, so now it's just Greta and me at home because Jeff is golfing after work. Glad the girls have "trickled" away as the day has gone on, or it would have been too hard to take!

I was just thinking about the craziness of the last month--all that has happened since May 4 when Hannah and Kaite moved home from Kent.
Kaite and Hannah move home from Kent temporarily
Abby graduated May 12
Moved Kaite into her first apartment May 14
We worked on the yard and went to Kamryn's party May 19
Got ready for Abby's party, had Meme here week of May 20-26
Abby's party May 26
Memorial Day weekend with Kelsey visiting May 27-28
Shopping for Hannah's trip May 29,30
Destination Kent State May 31, June 1
Packing Hannah's suitcase, Himelright party, Morgan's party June 2
Senior Recognition Sunday, Meg's shower, Abby's dance practice, Kent send-off June 3
Hannah left June 4
No wonder I'm tired today!
 Plus so many of those things were major milestone events: Abby graduating from high school, thus ending my homeschooling career. Kaite's first apartment which changes her "home base." Hannah taking her first trip abroad which is a huge step. So proud of my girls for taking steps to be independent and to follow God's plan for their lives. Still waiting to hear official news from Hannah, but we know her plane landed, and we know she had a couple of hours to travel to the city they will be living in from the airport. So we look forward to hearing from her and are praying all is going well.

 More tomorrow, but that's all I can muster up tonight!

No comments: