Thursday, April 14, 2011

A change of plans--mine.

I was planning to go shopping today, and it was a lovely day to be out and about. However, my legs wouldn't cooperate--still too wobbly--kinda like a newborn horse. Well, maybe not quite that bad, but it felt like it at times in the past two days!

So, I decided God must have different plans for me today than I had for myself, so I had to adjust. Cleaning. That's what God had in mind for me to do today. Not nearly as much fun as shopping, but maybe more necessary? But, since I had grace to clean and not grace to shop, I cleaned. I felt pretty good too, even though it's much more taxing than shopping. It just involves less standing in one spot and more moving around and different positions than standing which seems to be the problem.

Now that I've had more food as the day has gone on, I feel much better, and I plan to go for a walk with Jeff tonight. I told him I wanted to wait and go with him (and maybe Abby too?) so that if I got too tired, he could carry me home!

I washed all the sheets too so that Katie and Hannah will have nice, clean beds to sleep in. It's warm enough to open windows too which is always so nice--love fresh air!!

I made quiche for dinner tonight which sounds really good--REAL food!! Not mashed potatoes (I didn't get to get potatoes since I didn't go to GE), but still something filling and nutritious and salty! :)

Jeff came home early today because he was up at 4:15am and had to go in without going back to sleep. I told him he should really try to get 8 hours of sleep--he would feel so much better, and it might help him with his weight loss goals too. (I've been hearing/reading things about not getting enough sleep making you feel hungrier--due to some hormone or something.) All he has to do is go to bed at an earlier hour, and tell those people to stop calling him with their problems at all hours of the night! :)

Hannah is coming home tomorrow which is very exciting! Hopefully she will be able to get lots done while she's here, and we won't distract her too much from her homework. Then we can party later in the weekend!

I'm so excited to get my hair cut! Today is one of those days when I feel like cutting it off myself because it is bugging me so much--bangs in my eyes, too long and in my face! But I won't because I know it will be worth it next Tuesday when I go and let Denise do it right! But I AM excited about going!

Well, need to go and check on the quiche--'twould be a pity to let it burn! I've been looking forward to eating it so much. And I was going to make banana cc muffins, but I used all the eggs to make quiche, so I guess I'll stick some crescent rolls in to bake too. So, until later, dear readers!

No comments: