Monday, June 11, 2012

Friday of the Very Busy Weekend

Just finished reading Hannah's blog posts from this weekend, and I also saw some good pictures of her on facebook from other people's posts that she was tagged in.  It's good to feel more caught up with the details of her first week, especially after getting to skype with her Saturday night.  Unfortunately, it was at the end of a very long day, and we were very tired.  Plus, it was 2 hours earlier for her, so it seemed like we should be more awake, but though it was 9pm in Honduras, it was 11pm here.   But, overall, it seems the first week has been good, and for that I am very thankful!

OK, last post was Thursday...Friday Abby worked 8am-2pm, and I went to Target in the morning.  We were still fuzzy on the details for the evening with meeting the Yackley clan who weren't involved with the rehearsal and dinner.  But eventually, we decided that Kaite would come home around 3/3:30pm when Jeff would also leave work/get home.

It ended up that we didn't leave until later though because we were timing our arrival based on when LouAnn's family would arrive and that wasn't until 6:30/7pm.

In the meantime, I was SO busy!  Abby baked brownies for the church bake sale on Saturday because it was a fundraiser for LT, I know we washed the car, and I picked out what I was wearing to the various events this weekend.  And I know I was running as fast as I could go, but I can't remember exactly what all I did!!

We got Coccia House pizza but didn't eat until almost 8pm, and I was so hungry I couldn't think straight.  I felt so much better after a piece of pizza though!  Frank and Valerie got there when we got back from picking up pizza, so we all ate in the hotel lobby and hung out and talked.  We were hoping to get to see Tom's family too after they got back from the dinner, but it was 10:15pm, and we had to drive an hour home, so we left without seeing them.  We found out the next morning that they had gotten back around 9ish and gone in a back door and totally missed seeing that we were all sitting in the lobby.  That was really sad to have missed them, but nothing could be done about it at that point.

We realized (again) this weekend that communication is a struggle at times for Jeff's extended family, but as Kaite pointed out, no one gets angry or hurt or upset about the miscommunications or lack of communication.  So that's good at least!

We got home around 11:15 and went to bed.  I was so tired!!  And that was Friday.  I think I'll make Saturday and Sunday separate posts because there is so much to tell.

No comments: