Saturday, June 16, 2012

Guest Post by K8 (Best read at high speeds)

Saturday

Kaite (me!) came home this morning and while Abby worked from 8-2, Mom Dad and Kaite went for a walk, talked about life, and made bcc muffins and a cherry/raspberry pie. Then Abby got home and Dad tried to pretend that the smoothie she had gotten was for him...while really she had gotten him Mtn Dew. It turned into a slushy by dinnertime.

Oh I almost forgot the adventure of the new iced tea maker! THAT'S what we did all morning!

1. Always make sure you put the d in iced tea.
2. Free stuff from a guy at work who moved is great.
3. If it's missing a part it might be confusing.

Dad found the manual for this iced tea maker online so we could figure out how many teabags to use and how to use it and that's when we discovered it was missing a lid. A picture would be helpful here, but I'm not Abby. It's like this white carafe-lookin' thing that heats up water and spits it out into a part that looks like the thing you put the filter in in a coffee maker. That little baskety thing sits inside a pitcher that you fill up with ice. The adventure part of it was that there was a little spot on the side that looked like the water should go in it...but it didn't go through to the rest of the basket so it started leaking everywhere because it only held like a tablespoon of water. So we were deeply confused about the utility of this little spot but we decided it's probably a place to insert something for the lid that we were missing. It made really great iced tea once we figured it out though. I didn't like iced tea last time I had it and the funny thing was, it tasted exactly like I remembered but this time I liked it!

So then we played bananagrams really epically even without the Ch-han-mpion. And all crashed on the same round. Then we watched an episode of "GG" and Dad and I then fell asleep while Mom made dinner: chicken with mushroomstomatoesandgreenpeppers on top, roasted potatoes (regular and sweet), and stirfried veggies. Strawberries, blueberries, and bcc muffins rounded it out.

Then we went to Target to get a bulb for my taillight that went out this morning on the way home. They didn't have them, but we picked up a couple more things for Dad and then went to Wal-Mart as well. Tried to get Sherlock 2 but the redbox didn't have it yet.

Nick called while I helped Dad put the back of my car back together(/watched) and Dad just opened his presents and Mom likes it when you comment just so you know.

Love you and hope this was reasonably informative and relatively entertaining. Now Dad's digging himself in a hole about how many dogs Mom will have to hold to walk on his back and be as effective as Abby. Pie and a movie are next up. Also, Abby and I have been singing (ok, mostly I have been singing) It'll Rain from Bruno Mars. Mom doesn't have enough dogs so I need to walk on Dad now. =)

PS: You got the good daughter fb birthday award. =)

From Mom:  Thought you might like a change of writing style since K8 was here to accommodate and she adds details I don't think of!  :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

PPS from Kaite: I stuck the bubble wand from Kata's wedding that I left in the car out the window on the way home from Wal-Mart. It was reasonably epic. (Mom: And I only got splashed with bubbles a few times!)