Thursday, June 07, 2012

A Small Miracle

Yesterday was such a busy day, I didn't have time to write anything. 

I'll try to do a little summary although it was QUITE a day!

I picked Ehler up to shop for a dress which I thought was going to be fairly easy, but when she got in the car, and I asked her what exactly she was thinking, it was "long, white" with a veil.  Uhhh....I had no idea where to go to look for wedding stuff at Chapel Hill, so I called Abby, and she said there was something in the mall.  So we went and looked in every store and couldn't find anything that was exactly right.  We were heading to Sears as our last hope (she was really looking for more of a prom dress than wedding thankfully), when we decided to go into Deb--I remembered people saying girls had gotten dresses there.  And, by some miraculous miracle...there was a white floor-length dress in the style she liked in two sizes so she had a choice about fit too.  It was originally $169.99 but was on clearance for $29.99 and it FIT!  She got the other one for EDD who is going to be her bridesmaid I guess.  My blood pressure went down after we found that, let me tell you.

Then we went to Pat Catan's to buy ribbon to make straps since the dresses were strapless.  Good thing for all of those Celtic Balls, so that I knew how to take care of that problem.  And I remembered that PC has a bridal section, so we found a veil and ribbons that would work to her satisfaction.  And ribbon and flowers too.

Oh, my it was like seeing a miracle right before my very eyes.  I just had no idea that we could ever find all those things in the 4 hours I had to shop.  I had to get home because Abby had rehearsal at 4pm.  So we went to Wendy's for lunch and headed to the bakery to order a wedding cake.

I tried to prepare myself for the comments about ordering a cake so late because I knew they would happen, and I didn't even know if they could do it.  And the lady was kind of freaked out, but I stressed the words "small and simple" and eventually, she let us look through the book to see the options.  Ehler picked out something that she liked, paid for it, and then they didn't seem to mind so much!  Of course, there were two older women involved, and they had to give their opinions and advice about things that were none of their business.  I tried to be tactful, but get them off her case at the same time.

I got home after stopping at Aldi, unloaded groceries, and took a fast walk, packed sandwiches for our dinner, and we took off for our LAST rehearsal.  Jeff picked me up at the high school for a church meeting, and we got home around 9pm.  Whew!!

And today I did laundry, cleaned, and started to get the house back together.  Still have stuff to put away after Abby's graduation party though--that's for tomorrow.  Actually made a real dinner too-chicken, mac and cheese, green beans, salad, and strawberries.  And this was my "day off" this week!

Not sure what we're doing yet about Wooster tomorrow, but we need to figure that out--sooner rather than later at this point.  Well, it's getting close to bedtime, so I guess that'll be it for tonight!

No comments: