Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Last of the Catch-Up Posts

I survived the dentist.  The actual filling replacement wasn't that bad, but the numbness was really annoying.  I went to the library and grocery store afterward and was mostly able to talk when I needed to, but I felt so dopey.  Couldn't eat either, so I was very hungry about 4 hours later when I ate some cheese and crackers.  But by dinner, which was frozen pizza with Abby in front of the TV watching Gilmore Girls, I could eat just fine thankfully.

We mostly just watched GG last evening--like four episodes I think, so since Jeff was golfing, he has to catch up tonight!  :)

Today I slept in--it was the perfect sleeping weather last night--cool enough to use a blanket.  Then I ironed and was going to go for a walk and Aldi after Abby left for work, but I remembered that if I left, "who would be home to sign for the packages?!"  So, I hung around and did some sorting, straightening until the Fed Ex guy delivered Abby's camera!  Yay!  She's been waiting and very excited!

Then I went to get gas, to Marc's, and to Aldi.  Home to take a walk and make dinner, a real dinner of RedHot chicken, mashed potatoes, peas, strawberries, and banana cc muffins.  Nice to have some real food.

So that was our day.  And I think I was on Wednesday of last week in my last post.  Two more meetings on Wednesday morning, lunch, and more seminars in the afternoon.  At some point we were able to talk to Joey who went to Honduras LT last year which was fun.  And we got to try the awesome Casa Hogar coffee.  We also got to meet GCEurope people and the Asia people too.  There are many great things going on!

In the evening session we got an update from Europe, Asia, India, Dominican Republic leaders.  Very amazing to see how much people have sacrificed to reach people with the gospel.  And then John Hopler showed this video about Nicholas Winton during WW2.  You can google it.  And you'll get the connection in a room full of people who have devoted themselves to saving people's lives.  A lot of convicting things--not making excuses for why we can't reach the world with the gospel.  Much to think about.

We left the hotel around 7am or soon after on the shuttle for the airport.  As we were herded along waiting to go through security, I said to Jeff, "You really like this?"  Yes, yes, he does.  Our flights went well as far as timing went, and we even got bagels in Chicago which we ate on the plane.

I was so very tired when we got home around 2pm.  I fell asleep on the couch until Abby came home around 4pm.  The rest of the evening is such a blur--except for when Jeff left to help Angie because she ran out of gas and Jason needed to take Derrick to "sporties for shorties" at the Y, so Jeff went to stay with the other 3 kiddos.

Friday was cleaning, laundry, and coffee with Kristen, and Kaite came home in the evening.  Saturday was the wedding and Hailee's party.  Another very busy weekend.

And Sunday we got to skype with Hannah, so now I think we're all caught up!!  Whew!

1 comment:

H. Yackley said...

Wow -- so much GG!!!! Im gonna be so far behind!! Ha, and Dad has to catch up too? :-P That makes me laugh!

Oh man.... real dinner. I want one of those when I get back!!

Casa Hogar coffee rocks, fer shure :-)

I wondered how dad had saved the day for the eatons -- I saw on facebook, but there were no details :-)

Thanks for the update!!!