Sunday, June 24, 2012

Last week: Monday and part of Tuesday

A week since I last blogged.  How fast did that week go?  Zip, zip, zip!

It was a good week looking back, but it was hard at times too.  Let's see, Monday was packing and leaving for the Pastor's Conference in St. Louis.  I was stressed about flying--I just don't like the toll it takes on my head with the noise, motion sickness potential, pressure changes that mess up my sinuses and give me a headache.  Not to mention (though I will), the too-closeness of other people for my comfort level.  We sat behind a large family headed to Jordan in the waiting area in Cleveland and got bumped and jiggled before we even got on the plane.  As we were waiting to board, I saw lightning in the distance too.  :(  And the little kids of the large family sat behind Jeff and I--his little girl fell fast asleep, but my little boy kept bumping and kicking my seat.  It really didn't matter since the plane was bumping around too, and the dad apologized at the end of the flight.  Just funny...

We had enough time to get to our planes, but not enough time to eat--at least not long enough for me to eat and digest enough to fly again.  And we got to the hotel right on schedule to check in and take our stuff to the room and get to the meeting on time, but, alas, no time to eat.  So by 9:30 pm CST/10:30 pm EST I was STARVING!!  Thankfully, the Coopers had driven and had brought lots of snacks--healthy food that met the need:  apples, grapes, healthy muffins, string cheese, carrots, celery.  It was enough to allow me to fall asleep.

Tuesday, I was really looking forward to eating a real breakfast, but, foiled again...

The hotel staff had been thinking that breakfast was 7-8am, but our conference schedule said 7-8:30am, so when we got there at 8:10am, they had only one line for food and a very long line of people.  Just when we got up there after waiting for a long time, the eggs ran out, the fruit ran out...And so we waited again.  But eventually, we had eggs, bacon, fruit and felt like we would make it!

It took me all day to feel like I was catching up on the calorie situation from Monday.  A very fun thing that came of the lukewarm coffee that was on the table on Tuesday morning, was that I decided to get a mocha at the hotel Starbucks.  She accidentally made it with caffeine, so she gave us the caff one and the decaf ones both, so Jeff and I both had some of each.  Like buy one get one free!!

OK, that's good for now.  Jeff and I are going for a walk.  The whole week is too much to write in one post.  I'll keep working on it as I have time.  So nice to skype with Hannah today!  So great to see her sweet, smiling face!!

No comments: