Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Karen Girl Visit Day

The weather today was lovely.  It was super-cool overnight--so much so that Jeff had to close windows during the night.  And it was about 70ish and sunny all day.

I walked this morning, then I went and picked up the Karen girls.  I hadn't really heard for sure from anyone except EDD and EDP, but as I was leaving, Ehler had called and said she would come too.  I was taking the Honda, so when Ehne Thau and Be Bin came too, there was some squishing going on, but we made it work.

They seemed a little unsure of what to do, since they haven't been here for a while.  Abby read some of the new Andrew Clements book called Troublemaker to all of us while I made lunch.  They said they missed my cooking which is extremely kind since I always make the same thing.  And they did eat every single bit of the soup and most of the rice--and they made a pretty good dent in that giant bag of BBQ chips from Abby's party.

Then after we ate, Abby took Ehler to Target to print some pictures of graduation, then we watched "School of Rock" which always surprises me as a really good movie--Jack Black is pretty amazing at times!  During the movie they made jewelry and such.

They had to be home by 5pm, so by 4:30pm we left.  The traffic was crazy coming home!

I made quiche for dinner, Abby got a last-minute invite to go to dinner and shopping with Sally, and Jeff and I went for another walk after dinner.

I also made a chocolate pie when I was making dinner, so after Abby got home, we ate that and are watching Gilmore Girls.  And that about covers today!

Planning to do some more birthday shopping for Jeff tomorrow, plus the laundry too.

So, since that really does cover today, I guess that will do for this post.

No comments: