Saturday, April 02, 2011

A Quick Catch-Up

So, I haven't blogged for two days. Weird. But it's been so busy, I haven't had time. Thursday, we babysat for the Eatons which went fine. D, H, and E are very calm when it's just them. But that meant that Abby and I had to do all of our work on Thursday afternoon so the day was gone before I knew it. I also had to make a real dinner because I hadn't cooked much this week. Chicken, roasted potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, peas, and banana cc muffins. Ahh...very satisfying!




Friday I cleaned and washed sheets since Meme was coming over to spend the night. She got here around 4pm, and I was making quiche for dinner. I made two so that we'd have leftovers for lunch today. Jeff and Abby went to see The Civil Wars, and Jeff was able to stay because he found a ticket for Brandon. They enjoyed it a lot even though they had to stand all night. Meme and I just chatted all evening and caught up from the winter of events. That was nice too.




We've been trying to figure out Easter with the family, and that has been quite an ordeal. This morning, we had coffee, and Meme's idea was to have Easter on Good Friday, because that's when Lisa suggested since she has a wedding at 4pm on Saturday. The main problem with that is that Hannah is still in school and has class until noon IF she skips her Chinese class. There's always the possibility that her colloquium teacher wouldn't meet for class that day, but if she has it, then Jeff will have to go and pick her up and not get to Paul and Lynne's until later. But then we could eat all together and we'd have to leave to go to church that evening. It makes for a very busy, rushed day for our family, but I don't think we have any other choice. So, I'm trying to adjust my thinking to be OK with it, but I'm not completely there yet. Plus, Meme talked to Lynne and Lisa about it before we had a chance to hear back from an email I sent to Hannah, so now they're all set with it, but we don't even have all the information about Hannah's schedule yet. Oh well...




Meme wanted to go to the yarn shop to look for yarn to make these necklaces like someone did in Florida, so we did, and then Jeff called and said the Saturn wouldn't start at Staples. He had gone there to find out about why my computer says the battery needs to be replaced. So I came home and got the van and went to Staples, and Jeff tried to jump the car, but it didn't work. He called Jeff Marshall and he gave him some ideas to try. It seemed like we were going to have to take the battery out and take it to Wal-Mart to have it tested. But just then a man in a pick-up truck came by and asked if Jeff needed a jump. Jeff explained the situation, and the man asked, "Do you have a hammer?" Jeff said, "I have a wrench." So the guy gets out and bangs on the connections a little and tightens something, and Jeff tries to start the car again. It started right up! Amazing!! He said the connections got loose from the vibrations and they needed to be cleaned and tightened. Problem solved for free! Wow! Very amazing! Very thankful!




We had quiche for lunch, and Meme went back to Wooster after that. We walked in rain/wind/clouds. It cleared up some after we got home and then rain/snowed and now is sunnier again. Strange weather. I'm looking so forward to some WARM weather. It feels like it's been cold FOREVER! Four solid months IS a long time to be cold and snowed on. We still had to read our chapters for tonight, and Jeff had to figure out the pizza situation too. Slightly confusing. And now it is 4:30pm and people are supposed to be coming in 1/2 hour, so I had better go and get things ready. I did want to post a quick catch-up though. I've talked to Katie some, but haven't talked to Hannah much, so I wanted to let everyone know what's been up. Looking forward to catching up around the dinner table!! :) Until later, dear readers!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

Hey look! It got warm! =D