Tuesday, April 05, 2011

And today it was snowing...again.

My blog seems to be the weather forecast of the day, but I think right now I am so eager for some warm days that STAY around, that it's kind of a focus of mine--and everyone else in Ohio too. It really was snowing again today after 60 degrees yesterday. The thermometer seems stuck at 40 degrees. But thankfully, we didn't have any of those crazy wind storms that often accompany that kind of drop in temperature.

I told Jeff tonight, that I think my brain is tired (and making my whole self feel tired) from not knowing so many things about the coming months. He asked me a question, and I just don't know--depends on girls' jobs, depends on when Claire is here, depends on....We just don't know yet, and it makes me tired. The Emotionally Healthy Spirituality guy calls it "waiting in the confusing in-between." That pretty much sums it up.

I am really looking forward to Claire's visit, but as I was talking to Kaite today, we talked about hoping she won't get bored here and wish to go home earlier than planned. While Katie's been in France, she has been able to walk out the door and go shopping, have lunch, take walks, go to school, meet friends, go to church, visit other cities, etc. Poor Claire can do none of that without us, since here we have to drive everywhere and she's younger too, so will have to be with us all the time. I hope that's not too much togetherness for all of us. Me included. I have never hosted someone that long at all--not even family. And I am kind of a private, like my family-only time kind of person. But, I realize what an opportunity this is for her, and so if she wants to be here for 5 weeks, I will trust God to give me grace to be a gracious hostess for 5 weeks. I'll try not to be selfish of our family's summer time together too, and remember how much we enjoyed Hisa's visit at Thanksgiving (also a very traditionally just us family time). God has good plans for all of us.

We worked on school stuff this morning, and we went to UV this afternoon. EDD needed a water bottle for a school trip tomorrow, so she went with me to Marc's after UV and we got her one. Along with a binder for Ehne Thau--she had asked me earlier, and hers is falling apart. They are really excited to go to Little Sibs weekend at Kent with Hannah! We will pick them up at UV around 6:30pm when their Kids' Club is over, and we'll probably have to take them to get their stuff at their homes, then head to Kent. They may need to eat something too because they said they don't always like the food at KC. I told them they could stay for Tangled on Saturday night if their moms didn't mind them getting home really late on Saturday. So that's the plan so far. And I got all of their papers signed by their moms.

I went to the bread store after dropping Abby off to get buns for the pulled pork I'm making tomorrow night for our leaders' dinner. But it was closed, so I'll have to get them at GE. It should be a fun evening, and everyone is helping by bringing some food, so that makes it fun for me too.

Katie and Hannah each had some exciting news today--Katie's missing wallet was returned to the Institute! So, although the money was gone, at least she has all of her IDs for traveling this weekend. And Hannah got a note from Ben at Panera that she has a job this summer! Yay! Things to celebrate in the midst of the unknowns!

So, I am hanging in there, looking forward to Katie coming home, Spring Break, Easter, having all five of us in one place again. That's the best! Until later, dear readers!

2 comments:

Kaite said...

Yeah...sorry...it was really nice again :) ...possibly even nicer than yesterday (wasntme) I'll bring it back with me, --I'd say promise but I can't. But I'll try! =D

It'll be our whole family together, plus some extra :)

Kaite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.