Wednesday, April 06, 2011

I'm sliiiiippppping.....

Oh, my. My brain is slipping. I was actually glad to hear that Katie forgot someone's name today because it makes me think that maybe it's not just me getting old. We had the leadership team over for dinner, and I was planning to make some chicken for Cindy because I know that she's allergic to pork, and I thought about it several times during the day. However, I didn't write it down, so I totally forgot to DO it. So I realized it while everyone was getting their food, and I debated about apologizing then, offering her some chicken corn chowder we had, but then I decided that she would be all embarrassed, and it would make her more uncomfortable than if I just apologized later. There was salad and fruit too and dessert and chips and I hope she didn't starve. I tried to think of something quick to offer her, but even the lunch meat we had was ham. What a loser. I am.

I sent her an email apologizing for being the super-loser hostess. Hopefully, she will forgive me. :( That's just how my brain has been lately. Slipping.

Otherwise, today was a wonderful day. I put the pulled pork in the crock pot before I went to school, and all went well at BOW. Karen is being the energizer bunny and getting things rolling and working on schedules, etc.

I went to GE afterward, alone, because Abby had driven to school and come back so she could be sure to be home in time to babysit. We unloaded everything, and I took Greta for a quick walk (she's been moving slowly for the past couple of days, but she ran a little on our walk), then I decided it was nice enough to go for a real walk. The thermometer hit almost 60 degrees!! Yay!! It wasn't really sunny at all, but it was much milder.

We had a good meeting after dinner, and everyone was out by 8:30pm ish. They left a lot faster than our small group--small group people all have to change their babies' diapers and put on their kids' jammies before they can leave. (I know, Jeff is wondering how the parents can fit in the kids' jammies...)

So, we cleaned up the kitchen which really wasn't much work. And I kind of watched American Idol, but not really. Kinda zoned. Trying not to beat myself up for forgetting to cook for Cindy. Why is it that we have such a hard time letting mistakes go? Honest mistakes. Yes, I SHOULD have remembered, but I DIDN'T, and there's nothing more I can do about it. Guess it's God's way of keeping us humble. No one is perfect, and some things remind us of that more than others.

I saw Ann today when I was out, and she asked if I wanted to go to Panera for lunch tomorrow. Of course! So that is good--I can work on school in the morning, and have lunch out. Maybe some time out will clear my brain!

Greta woke us up around 5am this morning because she was thirsty--she ate her food late last night since I was gone until later. I had a hard time going back to sleep and it seemed like it was too quick when it was time to get up. So, I think I will go to bed now. It's already after 10pm...Until later, dear readers!

1 comment:

Kaite said...

yeahhh, those little mistakes are SO much fun...not. =) She's a gracious person :)

I'm glad it's been getting nicer there too! I don't want to come back to snow!! Or 40's...

"...and put on their kids' jammies before they can leave. (I know, Jeff is wondering how the parents can fit in the kids' jammies...)" Me: Huh? Oh! hahahahahahaha! =D