Friday, April 08, 2011

Little Sibs Weekend Begins!

We just got back from dropping off Abby and the four Karen girls at Kent! Whew! I hope Hannah and Abby are ready for this! They were excited and full of energy.

All did not start out great however. As I was talking to Hannah on the phone on the way up, I realized that I forgot their permission papers that we had worked so hard to get signed, etc. Grrrr....How could I have forgotten yet another important thing? Well, they had been lying on the table, but since we had people over on Wednesday night, I had to move them over to my stacks of stuff, and it never occurred to me to even get them back out. So, we were too far away to go back, (never mind that traffic was awful going south at 6:15pm on Friday), so Jeff used the printer at UV and printed new ones, but it took a long time. Thankfully, Ehne Thau's stuff was at Ni Doh's house which is very close to the Eh's. So we didn't have to drive all the way to her house too. We still left Akron at 7pm which is what we expected.

Then we went to Sto-Jo and met Hannah, dropped off stuff and printed tickets for the girls--Hannah needed new ink, so she couldn't do it before we got there. We rushed over to Eastway to check in, our line, the S-Z line, was empty, so we walked right up, got our stuff (Josie was checking us in), and it was so easy. We left to go to the Student Center to eat, and as we were driving away, I got the T-shirts out so the girls could see them. Unfortunately, they had given us three child smalls instead of three adult smalls, so we had to go back. No way EDD, EDP, and Ehne Thau could wear child smalls! I mean, maybe EDP, but it would be really small. So Hannah and I went back and got it fixed, but yet another little glitch.

Then at the Student Center Jump was closed and Ambrosia--seemed funny on little sibs weekend...but we got Nathan's stuff, and Jeff stood in line for a long time for Subway, but I guess it wasn't really that much longer than us. It was good after we ate to finally get to talk--or really, listen--to each of the girls. They had things to tell me all about. Ehler got an award last night and had a ceremony with it. EDP had school stuff to tell me, Abby had a story to tell me too. Ehne Thau always has stories.

Oh, and I did call it, didn't I? I said she'd call today at 6am when "I sleep!" Uh huh...6:12am...Ring Ring, it's Ehne Thau! I'll bet she falls asleep fast tonight. :)

So after we had talked a while, it was around 9pm, and we left so they could still do something fun tonight. There was a Wii thing in Johnson, and I took Despicable Me for them to watch, since I knew the movie at the Rec probably wasn't going to happen--couldn't get there by 8pm. They'll have a lot of fun and make many fond memories. I am just praying for H and A to be able to handle helping everyone get food. They don't know the routine and it's hard to help so many of them at once. But there's a free lunch at the Rec tomorrow, so that may be easier. They are such pleasant, happy girls. Jeff and I were commenting on the way out, how little fighting, pouting, selfishness, cliques there are among those girls. They laugh a lot and are lots of fun, but they listen really well, and they are very considerate too. It should be a fun night!

Glad to hear that Katie made it to Paris, and I'm praying for her travels tomorrow. Jeff said on the way home, "I hope she remembers to go to the right airport. It's not the one she flew into before..." Great! Now I have something else to worry--I mean, pray--about! So, I am praying that if for some reason she forgets, that God reminds her of it in time--unlike me forgetting the papers or the food for Cindy and remembering when it was too late to fix it!

And now, I am going to bed early to make up for the early phone call this morning--although, 10:10pm isn't really early--just on time. Until later, dear readers!

2 comments:

DDD4JC said...

Yay! I'm glad everything got off to an overall good start even if the technical details were a little tricky. At least all the people were doing alright! =D Can't wait to hear how it keeps going!

DDD4JC said...

yeah...that was KT, but I don't want to irritatingly sign Dom out--sorry! =)P I won't get follow-up comments though.