Thursday, April 07, 2011

Just a short recap of the day

Cindy was very gracious in her reply to my apology email. She claims she told Mike to tell me not to make her anything special and that there was plenty of other food, and she tries not to eat much meat during Lent anyway. So, according to her, it was all good. It made me feel much better anyway.

I talked to Ann and MaryAnn at lunch, and then Linda and Carol tonight at Bible study, and I also feel much more normal in the world of very busy women who forget things. Seems to not just be MY brain after all.

It's 10:20pm so this is short, but I did laundry, worked on school, talked to Mom, went to Panera with A and MA, worked more on school. Talked to Hannah (yay!), walked, made dinner, and went to Linda's. Very nice to actually get to talk to people, but I didn't get all of my school prep done. Guess I have to do it tomorrow.

Ehne Thau called at Linda's house and said she and EDP got invited to go somewhere on Saturday and could we pick them up and have them home by 4pm? I told her I had to talk to Mr. Jeff, but on the way home, I decided they would just have to pick which thing they wanted to do, because gas is approaching $4/gallon, and we would have to drive to Kent on Friday, Sat. afternoon, and Sat. eve. or everyone would have to leave earlier Saturday, and I didn't think that would be fair to EDD, Ehler and Abby. I tried to ask her when she was going to bed, because she called at 9:20pm, and she said, "You can call me late." So I called her back at 9:40pm and her mom said, "She sleep!" Kind of like, "of course she's sleeping! It's late!" Oh well. I tried. She'll probably call here at 6am tomorrow when "I sleep!"

So I guess we'll see what happens about that. I feel bad to make them miss something, but it sounds like they were just told about it tongight, so I don't feel too bad about it really. And whichever thing they pick, it's fine with me. But pick they must.

So, now I must choose to go to bed. I felt sad when I read Katie's blog tonight. I always feel sad about goodbyes. I know that Isabelle especially will miss her, and I feel sorry for her about that. But I also feel really happy that it's only one week until Kaite comes home again! And I know that Katie has had a wonderful semester there, and that it was a priceless adventure with many happy memories. Looking forward to hearing about the Spain adventure next, and I'm praying that all of the traveling part goes well, and that the week is a lovely end to a lovely semester. Until later, dear readers!

No comments: