Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Recovering slowly, but surely...

Yes, I am feeling much better today, although my arms and legs feel like wet noodles at times. I have eaten boring things like toast, soup, and hard-boiled eggs, but not much of any of those things, so now that it's bedtime, I am really hungry! I want mashed potatoes with gravy--something salty and filling, but still not too hard on the tummy.

I was planning to teach my class since I was feeling better when I got up, but then after taking a shower, I felt like I was done for the day. I was really relieved when Abby came home and said that Karen had said I should just stay home and get better, and she would teach for me. I would totally have done it, but I would probably have been wiped out afterward. Nice to have someone who understands and just says, "Rest!" I had offered to give her the money for that class too, but she said not to worry about it because someday I could sub for her. What a nice place to work and what nice people to work with. It's really how things should work--looking out for each other, helping, and not demanding that everything is fair and even and compensated at each and every moment.

So, I did basically nothing all day. I ran the dishwasher and washed some dishes, read the Anatomy and Physiology book Abby brought for me from Karen to look at for next year--I might be teaching that class--took a nap after lunch, talked to Hannah for a little while, made some hard-boiled eggs for dinner. I was saving my energy to go shopping tonight after dinner for Abby's birthday--it's coming up, ya know!!

I'm really hoping to have more energy tomorrow. I need to do laundry, I'd like to do more shopping, and I should go to the grocery store too. I couldn't handle that today, no way. So, I'll give my disclaimer now--if I don't have things quite together this weekend, I apologize. I lost a day on Tuesday, and kind of today too. I'm just very glad that I didn't get sick at the end of the week--better to have it over with! Praying for Jeff and Abby still to avoid the plague.

Well, since I didn't do much today, I don't have much to say. I haven't walked either which is a bummer because today was a lovely spring day--sunny and 60. Unfortunately, it sounds like it might be getting cold again over the weekend. But we won't care because EVERYBODY will be home together!! Woo Hoo!! We are all very excited about that! So hard to believe that it's really time for Kaite to come home this very weekend--did I mention that we are all very excited?! So, I will go to bed and hope to feel even better tomorrow so that I can get ready for the Par-tay on Friday--Abby's birthday, and Saturday too. Until later, dear readers!

2 comments:

Kaite said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! And you definitely don't have to have it all together this weekend! =)P But please, please keep yourselves all healthy now or I'll be sure to get whatever you have (unless it's what I already had in France :).

You would be the best Ana/Phys teacher in the world! =D

Melissa said...

Aw, thanks! I don't know about the best A/P teacher--I'm just hoping I can do it passably!

We'll do our best to stay healthy!