Sunday, July 08, 2012

The Weekend

The big news of Friday night was Abby finding out her room assignment and roommate situation, but since y'all know all about that, I'll go on!  But it was fun!

Saturday we walked early because it was SOOOOOOOOOOO hot!  Abby had to be up early for work.  Meme and Pops came around 10:30am.  We chatted, and I made brownies for the h2o party.  I really think that Aldi brownies made in disposable foil pans baked for 22 minutes at 350 degrees turn out the best!!  Especially with chocolate chips in them too.

They left around 12:45pm to go to Paul's to see Lynne's garden and visit.  They pulled in just as we were pulling out for Kent later in the afternoon.  I felt bad leaving, and I thought maybe I should just stay home, but since it was so late in the game, I just went.  I'm glad I did too.  It was fun!

I hope Hannah had fun seeing her buddies at the party.  I know everyone enjoyed getting to chat with Hannah, Sarah, and Elsa.  Not quite like being there, but at least better than nothing!

It was fun to see those beautiful little kids up close:  Henri with his blue eyes and LONG eyelashes, Phoebe with her amazingly thick and shiny blond hair!!  And of course all the others were adorable too--Carter was playing Wii with Jeff just like the old days when we used to babysit (it was cute how excited he was to play again--Carter, I mean--OK, Jeff too!), when he very diplomatically said to Jeff, "How about you put the controller down and let me finish?"  Hahahaha!  So cute!

We got home around 7:30ish and chatted more with Meme, watched a GG, went to bed.  Oh, but before watching GG, I noticed that the freezer was more frosty than usual which prompted me to look behind the refrigerator to see if it was wet.  It was--don't know if I mentioned that Jeff had seen a couple of ceiling tiles in the basement with water stains on them right below where the frig is a while back?  It had warped the floor a little, but wasn't wet when we found it.  Well, now it was.  So he figured out it might be from the water line to the ice machine.  So we stopped the ice maker overnight, and it was OK.  This afternoon, he found the leak in the hose and is attempting to fix it with "Super Super Glue" before having to replace the whole hose.  Hopefully, that will work.  I sure hope none of the other appliances notice all the attention the washer and frig are getting and want attention too.  I'm getting kind of tired of this!!  After all, the van and Saturn have been competing for the car attention lately.  If it's not the kids, it's the appliances and cars!!  :)

Today Kaite helped with music and also helped Abby and I with Jr. Church.  It went OK even with ages ranging from Derek at 3 to 6th graders.  One funny thing was when I asked the kids if they remembered when they accepted Christ since the lesson was about salvation.  Leah was saying she had been 7 and watching the Left Behind movie.  Derek pipes up, "I like to watch wrestling!!"  I said, "Well, I don't think many people accept Christ watching wrestling, but it could happen!"  And any time I explained about the gospel or even after I prayed about it or Kaite told her testimony, Derek would say, "That doesn't make any sense!"  Someday, my friend, someday!  :)

We came home and ate, watched a GG, and Abby went to work.  She took a 3-close shift for someone today.  Meme and Pops left from their reunion, so we just said good bye to them when we left for church.  Soon we will walk when it's under 80.  It's almost 20 degrees cooler today than yesterday and the high was still over 80!!  The heat index yesterday was 107 and the actual temp hit 100 I believe.  It's supposed to be in the 80's this week with lower humidity!  Yay!

Planning to move furniture and tape tomorrow in Abby's room and then start painting tomorrow or Tuesday depending on time.  Looking forward to having one room done at least!!  Then Hannah's room is up next!!  I'm sure Abby will have many pictures of the process!!

And that's what's up here!!

1 comment:

H. Yackley said...

Thanks as always for the post -- I absolutely LOVED virtually being at the party :-) Elsa and Sarah loved it as well! I'm glad it'll be cooler this week, hopefully Ohio will stop trying to imitate Honduras to make me come back early -- it won't happen!

Derek is so cute! Hahaha! Love it. Yeah, I was just sharing my testimony with one of the girls here, and part of it was Kaite telling me about Jesus when I was like 4! haha :-) Good stuff!

Love ya and miss ya -- I'm loving my time here, but I can't wait for American food!!! Those brownies were making my mouth water!