Monday, July 02, 2012

A Very Weird Day

Kind of a weird day with a weird start and it never really did feel "normal" either. 

Woke up when Jeff got up for work, fell back to sleep, woke up to phone ringing at 8:18am.  It was Jeff.  Apparently his "felixness" wore off 24 hours too early.  He has an appointment to have the Saturn fixed of its "clunking" on Tuesday morning, but Monday morning on the way to return a tool that he used to fix the washer (very successfully on Saturday), it clunked its last and stopped.  So he called a tow truck, and I went and picked him up.  Thankfully, he was fine, not on the expressway because it had been stopped going north when he left, so he took Arlington and was on a fairly non-busy street, and the tow truck came soon after I got there to get him.

We still went to return the tool, came home, I ate breakfast, went for a walk, then got bank stuff ready and went to the bank, library, and GE.  However, just before I left I was checking the hose in the garage which is apparently leaking somehow even though the water's turned off?, and I heard scurrying and scuffling under the workbench!  EEK!  Don't know what it is/was, but I was afraid to find out.  So I left, and I'll make Jeff go check it out tonight.  I'd have to be a whole lot braver if I didn't have him!  Not to mention that he mentioned right as I was falling asleep last night, that apparently there was something leaking behind the refrigerator that went down to the basement ceiling and stained a tile or two.  Why tell me right before bed?  And why another thing that is broken or leaking or clunking or making weird noises?  Cause the van made a really weird noise too as I was driving it for errands.  Jeff had the Honda, so I was hoping it wouldn't die too, since Abby had no car to come and rescue me.  I made it home, but yet another noise for Jeff to check out.  Hope he's having a great night golfing because I have quite a list for him when he gets home!

But I have been reminding myself that I am SO thankful that we have electricity (some people just got power back after storms on Friday night!), that we have running water (that we can DRINK right from the faucet), that we have AC and fans to keep us cool in this very hot weather, that we have the money needed to fix the things that are broken, that our family is healthy and doing well even if we're spread out far apart right now.  We have little annoyances compared to many much bigger trials others are dealing with.

Soon after I got home from my walk, Kayla came to spend the day with Abby.  She got her braces on where Hannah did--and they are having a postcard contest this summer.  Hannah should send one cause there's a prize for the one from farthest away!!  She was here until Abby had to go to work, and they were making packing lists for LT, etc.  Nice they got to hang out since Kayla will be moving/is moved.

I had a QT and read after Abby left.  Talked to Meme on the phone, and they are coming over Saturday-Monday because she has a reunion with some cousins on Sunday.  Read more, ate some dinner, now Jeff is home, and I get to be the bearer of news in various forms! 

So, yeah, just a weird day where I never felt like I accomplished much of anything but I don't really have an excuse like last Monday when my mouth was numb from the dentist!

Oh, found out Abe and Theresa are coming to Ohio this week, so we'll hopefully get to see them on Thursday.  And we should really try to have the Karen girls over too because Summer SOS starts next week.  And Jeff is off work on Wed. for the 4th, so I'm not sure we'll be able to paint this week.  Too many things going on, but we have to do it next week for sure!!  Now that Abby's room looks so awesomely cleaned up!!!

Off to chat with Jeff and hear about golf!

1 comment:

H. Yackley said...

Dude! That's a crazy day!

Yeah, it's interesting how inconveniences can seem very big unless you have a daughter in a third world country :-P haha....

I'm glad y'all had electricity at least -- that woulda been hard!

Ohhh I hope to skype y'all this weekend! It'd be fun if Meme and Pops could join -- maybe we'll have to do it on Saturday :-)

Glad Abs is doing well -- house-sitting should be fun!

Tell Abe and Theresa that I say Hi and hope that they're doing well!

And the postcard contest made me laugh -- my postcard would probably not arrive until after the summer is over :-P Apparently the mail here is terrible!