Thursday, July 05, 2012

Fourth of July

How do the days keep going by so fast?  Let's see...Tuesday, we planned to go shopping for paint for Abby's room, then it looked like it was going to storm, so to spare the little dog from being scared, we waited and watched GG.  Finally, we went, and THEN it stormed!!

But we got Abby's grey paint at Home Depot, went back home, ate lunch, then to Target and found some cool geometric off-white/yellow comforters for the bunk beds which we hope will look good with the grey.  And they were only $20 each--comforters can be expensive!!

Then to Aldi for groceries.  I made dinner, we ate, and Abby took off for the first of the July dance classes she's taking:  ballet and tap.  Which she liked very much.

Wednesday was the Fourth of July.  We walked in the morning, but I had a hard time breathing because it was hot, humid, and there was little wind.  Kaite came home for the day.  We ate lunch--grilled turkey burgers, potatoes, green beans, pineapple, strawberries/blueberries, watermelon.  Then we watched a GG before Abby had to go to work at 4pm.  She was home by 8pm, and in the meantime, Katie, Jeff, and I played Boggle and Pounce.  We decided that all games go slower without Hannah here.  She speeds everything up because she's so fast, and without her, we just kind of chug along!

We watched Pride and Prejudice with the commentary on--and Kaite agreed to spend the night since it was late, and I was a little concerned about her driving home with all the people who had been drinking and watching fireworks all day/evening.

She left this morning, Abby and I cleaned, I did laundry.  We got food ready for the Varugheses' visit tonight with was very fun.  They were visiting family for the 4th, and we were so happy that they made time to see us too.  Like Abby said, we can just pick up where we left off with them, and there's no "warming up" needed!!  Such awesome people.  Wish we could see them more.

Finished off the evening with a GG, and now I must head to bed because the Karen girls are coming over tomorrow to go swimming for a while.  Picking them up at 10am, which means I have to get up and get going.

I'm sure there will be more stories about that tomorrow night!!

1 comment:

H. Yackley said...

Aww, your post makes me so happy! I want to see pictures of Abby's room once it's painted, for sure!!!

Oooohhhhh I'd say the one thing I'm definitely missing here is goood American cooking! We get pizza and stuff, but it's not the same...

Yes, that's what I love about the V's. They're SO easy to talk to!!

Lookin forward to hearing about the Karen girl's time -- tell them I miss them mucho and I hope they are having a good summer :-)