Thursday, July 26, 2012

Almost the End

I only have a few more days I'll need to blog since all my chickens will be local again on Sunday!!  Woo Hoo!  Although I know it will be hard for Hannah to leave, we will be so happy to have her home again.  I just hope we don't wear her out with vacations.  Somehow vacations really do wear us out at times instead of rejuvenating us.  However, I'm guessing that just all of us getting to spend time together will be refreshing no matter what else we do.

Tuesday seemed like kind of a lost day.  I did a trip to the bank, library (got my Happy Meal coupon from the summer reading program!), and Giant Eagle.  Hadn't been to GE in a very long time, but I bought lots of cereal for college girls to take to school with them, and I got extra fuel perks for it too.

I think that was the day I watched WNTW with Abby in the afternoon which was very fun.  I missed Stacey and Clinton!!  But then I had to make dinner so Abby could eat before she went to dance--I made Chicken Fajita Pizza which was good--pizza crust with chicken and peppers and onions all sauteed in a pan with some salsa mixed in and put on top of the crust with cheese.  And seasoning on the ckn and peppers of course.  I used the spices Lisa had given me from Tastefully Simple so it was a little spicy too. 

I had fun Monday night at the TS party at Kari's house.  We tried lots of different things which was nice, and I got to see some neighbors too.  Beth said they are hiring someone at her insurance office because they had to fire the girl they just hired three days ago because she couldn't take a phone message and when she did, she threw some of them away.  And when she made a label for a file, she put the first name first instead of last name first so she could file it correctly.  She kind of asked if I'd be interested, but it starts at minimum wage, and I'm not sure I'm really wanting to work in an insurance office. 

Wednesday, we had Carrie and Karen over for lunch.  I made this sausage, egg, cheese casserole over crescent rolls.  Kind of like quiche and overnight omelet, but different.  We had a great time with them as always.  So nice to hear about plans for BOW--lots of new families and new teachers.  So happy things are moving forward!

Abby was a good friend and went to visit Alex in the hospital and took him a mango smoothie from work on the way.  She almost visited Mikayla too, but she had had surgery and wasn't up for visitors.  How strange to have two friends in the hospital.  Praying they are doing better soon.

Wednesday evening, Jeff and I went to church with Rick and Carol to work on redecorating the "fellowship hall" which was ever so fun and satisfying!  If only we had all the right things, it'd be truly spectacular, but as it is, we did the best with what we had without spending any extra money so far (except for stuff to hang the pictures).  I really like working with R and C because they just jump in and do things and hang pictures, and change things and don't worry about trying new things.  We still have big plans for other things, but at least for now, it looks much more inviting when you first walk in, and that is all I can say--you'll just have to see it for yourselves very soon!

Today I walked even though I didn't feel like it.  My feet and ankles have been really sore--one day, maybe Tuesday, I walked three times:  once alone in the morning, once with Abby and MN, and once with Jeff in the evening.  It makes me a little concerned for NYC with as much walking as we do there.  I hope I can keep up!

It stormed overnight--big thunder and lightning, but Abby said she slept right through it--I think she's pretty much exhausted from getting up early every morning with the dog.  But at least MN didn't freak out and wake her up.  She's afraid of storms too.

It's been raining off and on all afternoon with a little thunder too.  I'm thankful for the rain.  Don't have big plans for tonight--may have to divide our presence with each doggie so no one is afraid if it keeps storming all evening.  Too bad we can't have them both in one place!

Tomorrow I get my hair done for which I am very thankful!  It's definitely time.

Well, I guess that's the highlights for now.  Going to rest more since I have a sore throat and headache too and my nose has been running a little.  Not a good time to get sick!  Too much fun to have soon! 

No comments: