Monday, July 23, 2012

Life after Painting

OK, last week--painting was the main event, and it turned out to be very satisfying when it was all said and done.  Lots of work, but worth it to have such lovely bedrooms for the girls!  Much more peaceful and "oasis-like" than before!

Friday I caught up on all the other work that hadn't gotten done with all the painting:  laundry, cleaning, etc.  And since Abby was coming home in the evening, I made dinner too.  They got home around 6:30pm from LT, and it seems like everyone had a wonderful time.  Learned a lot of good stuff that will change their lives if they let it!

Saturday, we walked, and Abby had to start her house/dog sitting job.  Let's just say that Midnight is very sad to have her owners gone, but seems to be adjusting to having Auntie Abby take care of her.  We went to Kohl's to use my 30% off coupon, and Abby found a very cute comforter set for college, plus a mattress pad, and we got everyone new pillows too!

Then home so Abby could get ready for work at 4pm, and Jeff and I went back to Walmart so we could return the wrong roller covers I bought and get frames for the senior pictures--FINALLY--now that everyone's graduated!  And we went to Marc's and the VDO.  Jeff got some clothes and I found some lovely white, flowy curtains for Hannah's room--white looks so good with her walls!!  Oasis!

We got Chipotle for dinner, ate, and went to "Abby's" to watch TV and keep MN happy.  She barks a lot when she's alone.

Sunday, church, music, lunch at A's, watched GG, A had ice cream with Alex from work who is starting chemo today--pray for him...dinner, framed pictures, watched GG with A, bed.

Today it's been hot and humid again.  Abby and I went to Target for her bagels and ended up spending all of her gift cards for college stuff plus some cute clothes too.  Then Shaffer's and lunch and she went off to work at 3pm.

I'm going to a Tastefully Simple party at a neighbor's (mainly just to see the neighbors) tonight while Jeff golfs, but I need to go and let MN out again before I go.

Great news today!  Kaite got the Starbucks job and so did Andrew!!  Woo Hoo!!  So happy for them!!  And Kaite got a tutoring job too that sounds very interesting:  reading Romeo and Juliet with a German 8th grader before school starts.  God is good!!

OK--off to make some egg salad for dinner before the party.  I eat weird things when I'm home alone.  It's stuff I like that no one else really eats, but I can make in small amounts!!

So looking forward to having Hannah home next week!!  We are counting down the days!

No comments: